ns_custommap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns_custommap?

I think that with beta four out we have a full server every night, and i thought we could add a little fun into the server with some custom maps?

I just want to know what you think about adding custom maps into the server. the admins can decide the map rotation later.
    Some maps that i would like to see in are ns_rampage also readyroom.org has a bunch of new maps in a map contest, havent played them but they look good.

Please post what you think of the idea and if you know of any other good maps to add to the server.

thanks
    ~jack

edit: i still have the old TG:NS map pack if people want maps from there.
    Last edited by jack^; 04-29-2004, 04:43 PM.

Re: ns_custommap?

Like you say, we can decide WHICH maps later (very soon, if we like this idea).

However, judging the idea on principle, I'm for it. I think we all have a playable grasp on the 3.x stock maps and could manage learning some new ones, especially if they were maps that we played in 2.x.

Bring on the new maps, I say. :)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Does this extend to CO also? Or just NS?

Comment

considering how combat maps aren't really played on the server much anyway, it wouldn't make a difference

cal's playing ns_delta, which is an interesting, if somewhat unbalanced and buggy map. Marine start is in the middle and the hives are in a formation of an equilateral triangle around it.

Comment

Knowing nothing about ns_delta, my gut reaction to your description is that my preference would be stable and balanced maps above those which are interesting but lack stability and balance. At least that's how I'd feel about maps going on this server, anyway.

This, of course, doesn't rule out ns_delta, as we may discuss and decide we want to give it a shot. After all, we can always remove maps we don't like.

edit: contrary to popular opinion, I do not have "guy reactions".
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

lmao wyz, however i think we are looking for your opinion on custom maps in general. Dont worry about which maps the admins will add. lets get basics down first.

Comment

Sounds good. I'd like new maps to learn.

Comment

New Maps!!!

Comment

Personally I'd like to see a MvM co_ map or two added onto the cycle to keep things fresh once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                    Personally I'd like to see a MvM co_ map or two added onto the cycle to keep things fresh once in a while.
                    That would be awesome!

Comment

omg, MvM is so much fun... but it can be really lame, like lamer than ender xeno-leaping everywhere all the time....

imagine ender JP/grenading all the time... ::shudder::

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
                        ender xeno-leaping everywhere all the time....
                        .. some times i bite before I blow up...

Comment

I would add ns_delta to the list if not for anything, do it for the cool ready room. =^.^= Ns delta is pretty cool visualy, and it's alright i guess. A little marine bias, but then again, bast is alien bias =P. If the aliens get stuck witht the top hive, i could see that sucking. But that's like powersilo hive =P

Comment

yeah, ns_delta was considered for the 3.0 map pack, but it got edged out by agora (why did this happen, i don't know)

btw, those rumors of a flooding readyroom are true...

O_O

btw, all custom maps have their various issues... ns_delta has a few stuck and layout issues tbh, but you can get worse in ns_origin (stuck on the railing anyone?)

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
                              yeah, ns_delta was considered for the 3.0 map pack, but it got edged out by agora (why did this happen, i don't know)

btw, those rumors of a flooding readyroom are true...

O_O

btw, all custom maps have their various issues... ns_delta has a few stuck and layout issues tbh, but you can get worse in ns_origin (stuck on the railing anyone?)
                              or frikin bio hive? that is the silliest thing in the world. the floor isn't even continuous. its a great map tho.

I vote for cool new maps. just not too many at once, it really empties the server.

mvm sounds cool. if not in rotation, at least for a vote in.
                              --
                              CaveDog
                              "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X