X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beta4a released

Be sure to update.

O Combat changes
    - Aliens no longer grow in experience over time (we didn't have time to test this properly last week)
    - There is now a time limit (like old Combat builds!), which by default is 10 minutes. Aliens automatically win after time expires, or if they take out the CC. Marines win by taking out the hive. This time limit can be adjusted using mp_combattime
    - Moved game timer off of scoreboard and onto HUD
    - When there is less then a minute left, the game time readout blinks (both Combat and NS/tournament mode)
    - Focus cost increased from 1 to 2 levels
    - Because marines lose if timelimit is reached, sped marine spawning by 1 second to compensate

O Fixed demo recording crash

O Improved server performance (for programmers: we built using a debug version of STLport by accident). There may still be a problem with escalating pings we're still looking into.

O Reduced umbra power so it now blocks 1 out of 2 bullets (down from 2 out of 3) O Grenades no longer teleport into the void before exploding when they are shot into vents (bug #530)

O Abbreviated "Natural Selection" in Steam server list so it's easier to filter by version

O Removed mp_gametime server variable as it is no longer needed

O Fixed gamma problems on map change for maps that didn't specify an env_gamma (usually custom maps)

O Fixed exploit where weapons can be nearly instantly reloaded (bug #334)

O Fixed bug where death messages overlapped spectator UI

O Rewritten structure collision detection from XP-Cagey should mean many less sinking items!

O Lerk flight costs energy again (1/2 the energy cost of beta 3)

O Fixed missing textures in beta 4 (goodbye random pink-checkerboards)

O Removed consistency checking of unnecessary files (mp_consistency 1) (thanks mahnsawce!) (bug #297)

O Updated ns_nancy (helpful for CAL)
    - You should no longer be able to siege Port/Subspace without spotting it.
    - In an attempt to add a little more balance to the map the vent outside of Port has been turned into a hallway and the stairs to Mother Interface from Messhall were removed.
    - Added a couple crates in the Mother Interface area for cover.
    - Removed unnecessary side room in the Marine Start area. All it did was add a chance of the commander spawning way too far from the CC and had no game purpose.
    - Misc. other smaller changes

O sv_restart now works with cheats on (so you can execute it via rcon by setting cheats first)

O Equipment is now easier to drop on players, buildings can no longer be dropped on players.

O Fixed bug where multiple res towers were allowed to be dropped on the same node (appeared in early versions of 4a)

O Rewrote EntityInfo and NumEnts printout formats to make them more useful to mappers.
    - EntityInfo was reporting the first N entity slots of information instead of the first N valid entities.
    - Marked several types of entities (player slots, bodyque, weapons) as "dynamic". For now at least, they don't count towards the mapping limit.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: beta4a released

Actually some good changes in here. Gonna have to move the mp_timelimit on combat though :p

Comment

Wait! There was a exploit for instant reloading?
      Well CRAP!

Aside from the nerfing of umbra, sounds pretty keen.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Flayra
        Equipment is now easier to drop on players, buildings can no longer be dropped on players.
        LIE?! From what I've seen tonight med and ammo is much *tougher* to drop on marines.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm with stupid
          LIE?! From what I've seen tonight med and ammo is much *tougher* to drop on marines.
          I was unable all night to drop meds or ammo on marines, or, in many instances, within an armory radius' (and sometimes diameter) length of marines.

It's damned annoying, but I wonder if it will do more good than harm. I'm trying to stay open minded about it.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

yeah i seemed to have trouble dropping stuff right on people but that may have been due to the map itself

Comment

Yeah I have had problems with dropping stuff too...

EDIT> Sorry... a little drunk..
              Last edited by _Ender_; 05-02-2004, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                I was unable all night to drop meds or ammo on marines, or, in many instances, within an armory radius' (and sometimes diameter) length of marines.

It's damned annoying, but I wonder if it will do more good than harm. I'm trying to stay open minded about it.

Finally a nerf on crappy unbalanced overused medspam.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                  Finally a nerf on crappy unbalanced overused medspam.
                  Spam is dropping 15 medpacks for one guy just so he can knife a skulk to death. Being able to resupply marines on the move easily and effectively is different. Aliens have regen (or could be fighting near the hive or d-chambers) - why can't marines have a good commander giving them medpacks? I've never bought into "medspam == bad".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X