Ping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ping

As I've been highly scarce, thought I'd drop by to say hello.

The reason why I've not been on is twofold. One, the Win98 hard drive died, and that's the latest Win I have. You know the rest of the story on that one.

Next, I began work at a real company starting December 11. It's not as a software developer, a job I've looked for for three years, and failed miserably to find anything worthwhile. Not only that, but when trying to learn Rails I found I hit the wall. I can't look at code without getting dizzy. I guess writing code for three years either for psychos who threw it all away or for no pay has taken its toll. So I took a huge gut check and decided to change careers. It seems that even with a Master's in Computer Science and two years experience developing flight controls in C, any non-psycho software development house sees me as a complete junior, even the ones which are a 90-minute commute away. They won't be hiring juniors for a number of years, even though "the economy is turning for developers" according to the press. So I might as well spend those few years trying something new. I'm a sales person for a value-added reseller of computers. They, just this past year and a half, changed their training program from three-weeks-good-luck to a full ten month training program on question-based selling. It's something that fits my character, and I think I'll enjoy. But again, it's something new for me, so I have to put a lot of concentration into it.

This compounds the computer problem, as I really have made no real money last year, and jumped into a higher mortgage payment at the same time. My home systems are due for a complete refresh, which will take both time and money, two things I likely won't have for months. Or, at least, time and money better budgeted into other things for now.

So hi-ya, won't see you on the server, hope to poke around here and again.

--
    Shroom
    -- Shroom
    I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Re: Ping

Hello backatchya. Be well. Good luck with your challenges.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Best of luck to ya, I'll keep your slot warm till you get back ;-D.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Best of luck indeed Shroom!

Good to hear from ya :)

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
          Best of luck to ya, I'll keep your slot warm till you get back ;-D.
          Uh...
          Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Originally posted by zibalatz View Post
            Uh...
            LOL... I said the same exact thing. Nothing like keeping someones slot warm for them!

Shroom, Goodluck with everything! Cant wait to get ya back in the server... we miss the "Singing Commander". :row__523:
            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by zibalatz View Post
              Uh...
              Like somebody is keeping 'your seat' warm. Hmm... I guess that could have been said better, or not at all. I'm not sure which.
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

heh
                -- Shroom

Comment

wow...mind out of the gutter zib. sheesh.

Comment

Mind you I won't be too long, maybe a couple of months. I just wanted to not be a stranger.

--
                    Shroom
                    -- Shroom

Comment

Stranger? Who are you?
                      USAR

Comment

I heard he's been sighted on random Dystopia servers causing hilarious pandemonium...
                        -Zephyr
                        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                        We are not a single game.
                        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X