R.i.p. Computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.i.p. Computer

Lastnight, my copmuter finaly died. I knew that it was on the way for a few months now. After Monday nights ice storm and power surges/flashes it finaly gave up.

So, I've already put together some new hardware online. I'll be waiting on my bank account to recover from the holidays, and then I'll be back. Probably looking at a few weeks here. :row__646:

With that said, I'm sitting here with my old P3 450Mhz tablet and chisel. I'll still be able to browse the forums one byte at a time, but wont be active in the server untill the new hardware arvies.
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Re: R.i.p. Computer

What'd are ya looking to get for the new one?
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Everything except for the CD/DVD Roms and Video card will be replaced. Even the case needs replacing. It's a little bent, and has alot of scatches on it. Who knows how that happened... :icon26: I'm only getting hardware that is comparable to what I was running. Once I have more money saved, I'll build a nice system again.

APEVIA X-Sonic ATXA4KW-AL/350 Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower
      ASRock 775Dual-VSTA LGA 775 VIA PT880 PRO ATX Intel Motherboard
      CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 Dual Channel Kit
      Intel Pentium 4 541 Prescott 3.2GHz / Rosewill RCX-Z2 Ball CPU Cooler combo
      Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L250S0 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150
      Total: $414.31 with shipping

I'm happy with that price.
      birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Pretty good price. The video card is what would've got ya if you had to buy that as well. I would love to ditch this old thing (along with the Radeon 9700) and get a dual core or something.

A little over 400 for a new computer is pretty reasonable.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I was thinking of upgrading to a dual core 64 as well when vista comes out, but then I figured I won't be using my gaming rig nearly as much come summer :(
          USAR

Comment

so you become an admin then immediately break your computer. i smell abuse! <3

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X