Hokay, I need some help...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hokay, I need some help...

So a bunch of buddies and I have decided to start our own NS clan, and one of the thing s we want is our own server. Now I got the machine and the connection to handle it, but the problem is, that no one can see the server, and I don't even see it on a LAN connection, unlike my laptop, which the future server can see if I host a game...

I have the dedicated server ready to go, along with the patch. Its just how do I fix it?

Re: Hokay, I need some help...

My first guess would be that it's either a firewall or a router that's blocking a port.

Also, unless you have a really awesome home connection, your server will be fine enough if your clan uses it for practicing some things on, but using it for "real games" will leave players complaing about hit reg and such.

Dedicated servers are usually set up in hosting centers with close access to a net backbone for a reason, and some of those even leave a lot to be desired.

Good luck. :)
    aka Roland tHTG

Comment

are you sure that all the setting where correct?

The first thing I would think of would be sv_lan 0. With out this, it would not be a public server.

Second is that a router or firewall may be blocking it. If you have a good router, it should support dmz mode. So set it up so that all the traffic goes to the machine that you are using to host the server. (note that this is not the safest way to do it, your best bet would to configure port forwarding to the machine, so that only that traffic goes to sever. But i am not pro enought to tell you off the top of my head what ports a NS server uses. You also if you are running a dmz method, would want to use a linux verson, otherwise you win host would be hacked in about 5 mins.)
      Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

The port is 27015 for the HLDS. You'll want both TCP and UDP opened to the server machine. I DON'T recommend using DMZ for anything... EVER.
        birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost View Post
          But i am not pro enought to tell you off the top of my head what ports a NS server uses.
          If you ever forget again, here's a simple way to remember: Turn on NS, go to your server list, right click on ANY server in the list, and view server info. At the top of the box that pops up is the server's IP address, complete with port. 99% of all Servers use the same port (I think HLTV uses a different port, or something), so that should tell you.

Comment

Buy a server? That solves most problems :O

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse