ns_origin remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns_origin remake

I'd like to see if we can get this on the server if possible.

As taken from the NS forums, Menes has recreated ns_origin with many fixes and improvements
    Currently in beta, can be downloaded at:
    download.jarhedz.com/ns_beta/direct/3.2/ns_origin_beta6.zip

Changelog:
    Gameplay changes:
    - Biodome elevators replaced with stairs
    - Moved Xenoform Research resource node to Power Core
    - Moved Biodome node to North-East of Biodome
    - Raised Ventilation area, so the Cargo Bay ladders are shorter
    - Modified the small hallway between Furnace and Ore Extraction
    - Raised Ore Extraction's ceiling and lowered its length to fit the above change
    - Added a vent leading to Coolant Monitoring from the Furnace/Ventilation vent
    - Added a vent connecting the two vent systems above Cargo Bay
    - All transparent textured railings now block shots (Cargo bay, Computer Lab, etc.)
    - Tranparent textured floors in Lava Catwalk now block shots (commander can now drop things on it)
    - Cargo Bay elevators now don't instantly kill players (they do 45 damage / second)
    - Hallway between Cargo Bay and Ore Extraction is now accessible for an onos
    - Ore Scanner is now much more commander friendly

Bug fixes:
    - Famous stuck points in Ventilation are gone
    - Biodome floor fixed
    - Weird particle effect in Cargo Bay fixed
    - Various restricted clipping areas removed

Esthetic changes:
    - Small architecture changes in many areas
    - Many texturing changes
    - Heavily modified ready room
    - Modified the lighting in many areas

Re: ns_origin remake

As far as I know, it's in the works. :D
    I've had a chance to check it out, and it's great. Good feedback from the players also.
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I'll probably have it on the server tonight. It won't go into rotation until later this week, provided it works out for us.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Good to hear :)

Comment

How did they do this? They told us the maker of Origin left NS and took all his mapping with him and thats why we couldn't fix it for a year or so.

Comment

They started from scratch... similarly to what was done with bast a while back.
            Steam Community: | |

Comment

The latest version is a pretty faithful reproduction of it, and I'm interesting in seeing how the new biodome \ ore extraction works out. Some of the lighting is a little different, but overall it feels very much the same ns_origin we all know and love, minus the glaring bugs.
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Is this active on the server yet? I tried to switch to it the other day and couldn't find it.

Comment

Just a heads up, a new update (Version 7) is now available. This is the changelog:

Beta 6 to beta 7 changelog:
                  - Lighting more accurate to old origin, with a few intentional changes
                  - Fixed being able to stop the Cargo Bay elevators after blocking them for a few seconds
                  - Added an extra vent entrance North-East of Biodome leading to the already existing vent system
                  - Added a weldable vent leading directly to Power Core
                  - Modified Power Core and its resource node placement
                  - Reduced the length of the hallway North-West of Biodome
                  - Added an extra column North of Biodome (protecting the resource node from long distance shooting)
                  - Changed the Biodome / Ventilation vent so it has some elevation in it, preventing being able to shoot aliens at a long distance on one side of the vent
                  - Updated minimaps and added Power Core to the labelled minimaps
                  By far the biggest change is the lighting. Overall it is much more inline with the original and is much more consistent then the previous version. The changes around BioDome are nice as well. It is available for download from the NS Mapping Forum.

Comment

I'm looking forward to beta7.
                    remi.D

Comment

beta7 is on the server (and not in rotation, yet, of course), available via fast downloads.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

wyz, update the map rotation for origin beta7 instead of beta6. :)
                        Last edited by Wyzcrak; 01-28-2007, 09:55 PM. Reason: moved from rampage thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          wyz, update the map rotation for origin beta7 instead of beta6. :)
                          Done. It won't take effect until each server restarts.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X