more new commanders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more new commanders

I came into the server one night recently and saw yet ANOTHER regular in the command chair, and, and this is what's so neat, they immediately had my support as commander. Yeah, it's obvious they're new to commanding, but they're feeling it out, giving waypoints, and communicating information from the team, all while being open to input.

Commanders are great and all, but I'll tell you what strikes me as noteworthy every time a regular tries to take up commanding: almost immediately, you can see that player become a better player overall. Like anything else, the more ways you experience it, the more familiar you become with it. Commanding is just another way to experience NS, and it causes you to become better at NS overall, whether you're currently in the leadership role or not. When you command, you become a better marine (and alien) on the ground, in very noteworthy and tangible ways.

Great job to those of you who are trying out the chair. It only makes the server better.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: more new commanders

Awesome, Wyz. Maybe you and I wont have to be comm anymore :p

(dont let me make you think that I dislike comming, I just like giving people crap haha! )

Comment

Comming a few times let's you see the game from a different perspective. Some people scream "AMMO!" over the voice com and wonder why they don't get any. A Com can find it difficult to locate a player and drop ammo/meds when trying handle 4 different things at once.

I never give the com crap unless he's just not communicating with his team. If you aren't a good com (beginner), I don't care if we loose as long as I feel that you did your best and gave your team orders. I can't stand people who do nothing but bitch the entire game because the com isn't doing things the way they think he should.

I've seen some of the dumbest looking ideas a Com has come up with be the turning point of a game. I've seen relocates actually happen to the aliens first hive, and work. Just follow orders and no one gets hurt (besides Tycho, I will shoot him in the back next chance I get).

If you see me on your team as a marine and you don't mind the possibility of loosing because the com just wasn't fast enough: I will get in the chair. But with the experienced coms we have, I will probably only do it via request.

My problem is I'm just much more useful outside the chair. I may not be the best shooter out there, but I do have a knack for capping extra nodes while everyone else is hitting the hive. Or just keeping the aliens busy while the rest of the team flanks them.

Comment

I refuse to give waypoints.. if you dont know the maps by now then follow somebody around..

I hate it when people give me crap in the CC. It just makes me want to slap them. I hate people who bitch for upgrades, I hate people who complain when I dont follow them every second of the game dropping med packs and ammo for them, I hate people who need to spam the "need order" radio command, I hate people who tell me what I should be upgrading, I hate people who tell me what needs to be done. I dont mind a suggestion here and there, but a "Com we need this, that, and the other thing done right now or we're going to lose!!!11!!!1!1" just pisses me off. I hate people who dont follow orders then bitch to me when they lose... man so many other things I can list..

Comment

I dont mind criticism either, but implying what I am doing is wrong simply because its not what you would do in the chair just gets to me.

Comment

Hate behaviors, not people. :)
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

There's a massive difference between critisism and being an ass.

Citisism: "Commander, don't you think you should be upgrading the armory at this point."
              Being an Ass: "Dude, WTF are you stupid, upgrade the armory!"

Critisism: "Com, we'll probably need shotguns to kill that fade."
              Being an ass: "Com, I need a shotgun now!"

In my past days of comming in 1.04, I would purposely not give ammo/meds/guns to people who made a point to complain to me. I don't care if he was Neo when it came to taking out groups of skulks, and he/she could rambo a fade with only his knife: don't piss off the com.

If you want to be a dick to the guy who is your all-purpose Lord and Savior for that game: you take what you can get.

Comment

You're all familiar with my '123 not it!' bind by now -- I used to be the commander *all* the time, incuding clan play. I was a crappy marine because of it. Couldn't shoot, couldn't dodge. So I gave it up. I haven't commed regularly since 2.01. Maybe I'll change that. But I sure do have fun being the aggressive 'rine :)

Comment

i'll comm if brad and tycho are on my team..

OOOOO ZING~

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
                    I'll comm if Sas and Cards aren't on the opposite team.

*cowers in fear*
                    glad to see some people like me. ^.^ recently i've been yelled at for every mistake i've made.

Comment

wyzcrak, if you can tell me an alternative voice communication binding other than "v", i'll practice as comm from now on.

Comment

me + brad on the other team doesn't necessarily mean win :O

wyz has done well to counter us consistently, much to his credit.

HOWEVER we also get forced to drop chambers and hives and stuff, simply because some pub nub wants to whore for onos.

Comment

Yes i have come to the conclusion i will comm when people i know are on the server. i just dont have the patience or self control to deal with public players, as some of you saw demonstrated tonight. speaking of which i would just like to apoligise for my actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
                            wyzcrak, if you can tell me an alternative voice communication binding other than "v", i'll practice as comm from now on.
                            While I am not Wyzcrak, I shall share with you my fondness for kp_enter as a voicebind key.
                            [volun2]
                            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
                              I use capslock -- close to your hotkeys ;) shift would be more natural, but i use shift for walking way more often than i comm. but if you comm more than you need shift for walk - use it.

OTOH -- i have mouse3 bound to +record so that it's close and doesn't interfere with combat. mouse3 doesn't (or didn't) work in the chair - thus the secondary bind.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X