med\ammo spamming question..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• med\ammo spamming question..

What are the binds for dropping meds and ammo? I tried looking on the config menu and cant seem to find them. Any help would be great, thanks.

Re: med\ammo spamming question..

In the options menu, somewhere it says COMMANDER KEYS: then there is a list of like 10 letters. What you need to do is find and replace the letters that are bound to them now and replace with the ones you want.

Otherwise you will need to find the command to bind those keys.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and use the defaults. By default, the keys on your keyboard are laid out, and pressed, exactly in the same position as you would click your mouse when using the COMM Interface. On your screen, the buttons that a commander clicks are laid out in a 4x3 grid. Similarly, the default commander hotkeys (on your keyboard) are laid out as follows:
      Code:
      q w e r
      a s d f
      z x c v
      So, if you want to bring up the basic structures menu, press Q, since the top left button in the grid is the basic structures menu. Now that you're looking at the basic structures menu, you want a res tower. That's the left-most button on the second row, so you now press A. Need a res tower quickly? Slap Q,A.

Want medspam? Bring up the Equipment menu (third button on the top row) followed by the Medpack button (second button on the second row): press E,S.

You get the idea. It takes some getting used to, but you're going to have to get used to something.. it might as well be the defaults.

There are bugs (well, one man's bug is another man's feature.....) with this interface, and you'll quickly discover them. But the interface is powerful.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

as a corollary: these are the impulses to request meds / ammo:

bind "m" "impulse 10" [MEDPACK]
        bind "n" "impulse 11" [AMMO]

That's where I have them bound, but feel free to adjust to your preference.

Comment

spacebar, E, S

then hold down S and click as if you were undergoing a seizure. That'll show those aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
            spacebar, E, S

then hold down S and click as if you were undergoing a seizure. That'll show those aliens.
            what's the spacebar do?

Also, I didn't know you could click multiple times from one keyboard action... nice. I've always been hitting e-s-click... e-s-click.
            --
            CaveDog
            "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Originally posted by CaveDog
              what's the spacebar do?

Also, I didn't know you could click multiple times from one keyboard action... nice. I've always been hitting e-s-click... e-s-click.
              If you hold down s it works like that. Also, space brings you to the current action, like, exactly where the marine is that said "I need ammo"

Comment

Spacebar (or is it your +jump bind? I dunno.) works in NS COMM like it does in war3/c&c/etc.. it takes you to the location of the last audial message you were given by the engine.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                  Spacebar (or is it your +jump bind? I dunno.) works in NS COMM like it does in war3/c&c/etc.. it takes you to the location of the last audial message you were given by the engine.
                  right, okay.. I knew that. I didn't think about that in relation to med spam for some reason.

Does that work now, btw? In 1.04, it worked about half the time.
                  --
                  CaveDog
                  "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Originally posted by CaveDog
                    Does that work now, btw? In 1.04, it worked about half the time.
                    It lost my faith in 1.04. I don't rely on it now, so I don't know if it's reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      It lost my faith in 1.04. I don't rely on it now, so I don't know if it's reliable.
                      semi-reliable. icons are 100% reliable but require mouse movement and is therefore slow. i wish you could bind a key to center your screen to the icon requests (you people know what i mean by icon requests, right? when you request health or ammo through the voice menu a little icon comes up in the lower left of the commander's screen). that would kick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X