Patience, grasssssshawwpah.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience, grasssssshawwpah.

Guys, try to go easy on the "finish it" demands please. You've all been in games when you've recently gotten the advantage, and you know how cautious you are not to lose it. You have little to no intel about the other team having given up, or perhaps you don't realize, as they do, that they have no res nodes and no hope.

To you, that wall of D chambers and OCs you're setting up outside their main is the critical step required to support your fades when hive three comes online and they get acid. These marines have given you hell all game, and it's going to take every ounce of skill your team has to contain them. To them, that's just the aliens "pinning us in" so they can "spawn camp us" for the "next 10 minutes." Most of the time, it's a simple miscommunication. And to regularly accuse the other team of intentionally dragging things out is a sign of disrespect, just as regularly intentionally dragging things out is a sign of disrespect. I just don't think the regs intentionally drag things out (on the winning team) as often as other regs accuse them of doing so (on the losing team).

If you're on the losing team, and things look dismal, please do the best you can to give the benefit of the doubt to the dominating team. Do the best you can to respect the fact that they have better things to do than drag out your defeat. Do the best you can to assume they're trying their hardest to win the game without unnecessary delays.

Then, when you've done all that, feel free to demand a faster ending if you still feel it's absolutely necessary. :) The "come on guys, end it already" mantras are getting tired.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Patience, grasssssshawwpah.

I still remember a few games that ( as aliens ) we asked the marines to come end it and ended up not only fighting off that last push but winning. It was because the comm didnt bother capping nodes on the way to the last hive and the marines just ran out of res.

I understand the "just end it" attitude sometimes, but if we stop and think about it we will realize that its only like 10 additional minutes to get ready to finish it. 10 minutes isnt anything, really.

Comment

Originally posted by ----paranoid----
      Just to bitch because it really did aggravate me at the time

I spent 10 minutes being spawn camped by SG'ers while WYZ built tf's and then proceeded to electrify the hive to death.

Trust me that was a long 10 minutes for the hive to die.

I was very dissapointed
      What was that? Like a 3v3 NS game? Come on, I'm talking about big games. You can't take a game that small seriously.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Comebacks are always possible. This is why I always fight for even teams no matter what the situation. This is also why I get so pissed when my messages are met with derision.

Even on this server, with massive regs online: I have seen truely awsome comebacks when the opposing team has put "all their eggs in one basket." Fades/heavies+shotguns everywhere, but no one put up the infastructure to support it, so that push on the last hive/marine outpost costs them their upgrades and now they can't replace them.

I've rambo'd as a skulk/marine and taken down/put up nodes during a heavy battle that I was certain we'd loose, only to find that my team pushed them back and now they are hurting for res, and we have much to spare.

The only time I'll bitch about "End the game" is:
        1. Marine are in the hive with shotguns/jps/hmgs/etc and no one is shooting the hive, they're all just camping it (rare, but has happened on the TG server).
        2. Multiple higher level aliens are finishing up our base with lerk support and they go after the armory/TF/etc rather than just killing the IPs and ending it.

Comment

I just say it to sucker the other team into rushing and making mistakes, HEHE

Comment

I say it as a marine when we've spent the last 10-15 minutes making absolutely no progress whatsoever and horribly failing repeated hive rushes, while the aliens have Fades and Onoses that are running around the map doing odd jobs without once even looking at our main base. Spamming structures outside to make it easier I can understand. I don't complain at the other team if they're actively trying to take out our base. Not even pressuring marines who are so obviously being owned, though, is just dragging it on.

It's a little harder for marines to "just end it" because, as has been said, marines often can't afford to screw around. A couple failed hive attacks can cost marines the game if they don't take the time to maintain their res.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X