ns_phobia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns_phobia

We're evaluating ns_phobia on the server to see if we want to keep it. Players who don't have it will download it when they connect to the server, but they will not download the mini-map (and perhaps some other files, we're not sure).

The map, including the mini-map and all other files, can be downloaded here:

http://www.readyroom.org/cmw/ns_phobia/ns_phobia.zip
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: ns_phobia

100% marine biased.

bad map. pretty, but bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
      100% marine biased.

bad map. pretty, but bad.
      bahgreed.

(characters is a ten-letter word)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Please find the custom maps thread and recommend custom maps (don't recommend other maps in this thread). I would install ns_delta, but I've read accounts that it too is biased. :/

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So, by the time I got this map downloaded the game was about over. Are we not going to play this map anymore? I never even got a chance to check it out. If not, it's no big deal, but I figured if we might use it again, I'd go get the extras for it (mini-map, etc).

Comment

I've de-stickied this thread and will consider the thread's non-activity as indication that custom maps aren't a priority for now. All we need is interest, so maybe it'll happen later.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              I've de-stickied this thread and will consider the thread's non-activity as indication that custom maps aren't a priority for now. All we need is interest, so maybe it'll happen later.

Wasnt this thread about this one particular map? I wouldnt mind trying new maps...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Please find the custom maps thread and recommend custom maps (don't recommend other maps in this thread). I would install ns_delta, but I've read accounts that it too is biased. :/
                I need players interested in custom maps to GO FIND THEM.

Comment

I need players interested in custom maps to GO FIND THEM.
                  I've always wanted to see what some completely screw-ball map (Siege007, misslecommand, pillbox) would play like with the kind of teamwork inherent at TG. I used to play on siege maps all the time because one person could actually make a difference and it was a lot better than dealing with stock NS maps where everyone did their own thing and yelled at you when you tried to organize them.

The siege maps were pure mayhem, but I guess combat is just as good for straight up stupidity.

Although.... I wonder if they ever made siege pistols/parasite for 3.0..... We had a lot of good times on Deaclan Graveyard doing that. Much fun, if not really with the spirit of NS.

That said, I know of no more vanilla custom NS maps, but am willing to try about any map someone decides to post.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X