I'm gonna give it another shot RIGHT NOW. 5/9/04

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna give it another shot RIGHT NOW. 5/9/04

That's right. Here's your chance to show me what NS is all about.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: I'm gonna give it another shot RIGHT NOW. 5/9/04

Or not...

Evidently, my "dll(cl_dlls\client.dll) differs from the server."

Steam is a piece o' poop.
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Preaching to the choir my man.

Anyway, do you have the latest version of NS? We are up to Beta 4 ( available from www.natural-selection.org ) and are using CD 4.20.

Make sure that you arent running any special maps or sprite add-ons just yet as well. Also make sure that steam is fully updated as there have been a flurry of patches the past week or so.

And Dave - it's pretty damn cool to see you taking up some interest in NS. Let me know if you want a crash-course if you see me online one day. I will be more than happy to run you through whatever you want/need to know.

But honestly, the biggest thing is knowing the maps. Running around them in your own created game is boring but worth it really.

Comment

Originally posted by tycho
        Anyway, do you have the latest version of NS? We are up to Beta 4 ( available from www.natural-selection.org ) and are using CD 4.20.
        Nope. I just figured out that I suck even worse than Steam... I thought Steam supported NS and that it would be updated automatically. I'm looking for a place to download NS v3 b1 right now, since that's a requirement to upgrade to v3 b4a and TG doesn't host that file (that I could find...).

So, since I'm on dialup, it could be a loooong time before you see me on the NS server. At least I'll get everything downloaded for the next time I'm bored and nobody's playing any of the other games that I play...
        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

At least get it set up and all. Ill pester chris or brandon to get the NS files stored here on TG ( lazy bastards! ).

Or maybe I need to play more DC,..Hrmmm.

Either way Dave, get your rear in gear and get your stuff good to go.

Comment

Sweet! I get to shoot at Dave again!!!

Comment

Everything you need, short of a HL CD key, for running NS 3.0 beta4a, is hosted in the Members Download Area at TG.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

FYI if you want to enjoy yourself join around 8EST because that is when we have the most amount of members on and you will find it much more enjoyable.

Comment

awesome!
                  cant wait to see you on. if you have any questions feel free to ask

Comment

guys,
                    Where do I get the maps? Like ns_phoebia? and the co_asterick?
                    I checked the download sections......nuttin

drew_952

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      So, since I'm on dialup.......
                      You can stop right there. No need to say anything more. Don't bother. Just ask Santal..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Cing.

Tempus is correct. ( I hate it when he does that. :icon_razz ) Don't waste the many hours it's going to take downloading all that just to find out it will be one of your worst online gaming experiences ever.

You will barely be able to play let alone enjoy the experience.

As of Steam those on dialup are excluded from anything Valve related unless you can find a server that runs older versions(WON) of thier games.
                        I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_952
                          guys,
                          Where do I get the maps? Like ns_phoebia? and the co_asterick?
                          I checked the download sections......nuttin

drew_952
                          Please look at the stickies. :icon25:

co_asterick isn't completed yet so your out of luck.

Comment

even paying members don't get a look see?
                            I've heard great things about it.
                            drew_952

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              Everything you need, short of a HL CD key, for running NS 3.0 beta4a, is hosted in the Members Download Area at TG.
                              Well, I was under the impression that I need NS 3 beta1, then the beta 4 patch/update, then the 4a patch. The two updates are hosted, but I couldn't find NS 3beta1 in the NS, HL or "other MP games" download areas... And I've tried to download from other sites unsuccessfully... :-(

That's OK, I'm probably going to be too busy to play anything this week, anyway...
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X