Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends

Just some food for thought...

I noticed about a week ago that Mom had made a friend attempt to me on NS. I having been one of the many to basically ignore the thought of steam friends after that 2 year span of it not working, accepted the request. I then looked for the files that are your friends on my computer, but to no avail.

Is the file used to list your friends stored on the local computer or on the steam servers? Also if it is stored on the computer is there a way to edit it outside of steam?

What i am getting at is if these two answers are yes, I would be willing to compile a file that one can add to their steam folder so that you can add all supporting members of TGNS, or registered members(maybe).

I do understand that as a non supporting member(i wish i could afford it) that my name would not be included in this list. If anyone can answer those questions or give me feedback i would be much obliged.

Re: Friends

I was under the impression that the friend list was kept on the "friend server" and not your own computer, forcing you to add people manually. I liked it at first because it worked, but it had since gone to crap so I stopped using it also. I believe a better approach would be adding people's xfire since more people use that, I just haven't bothered since I play by server instead of following people around like a stalker...
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

There is a new feature in 3.2 that lets you see the friends user name of all the players on the server. Press esc when in a server, and one of the menu options will give you a list of all the players.

Also, I believe valve has the whole friends thing working properly now.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

I use it with a few people with no problems (Damn you cobra slice).

Comment

I have everyone marked reg or above on my friends list, working properly.

The only problem with it is that you can not send messages online. You may be able to minimize the game and send a message, but I cannot say if the message will appear in game the same as it does when you receive a message.

-Mom
          Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

STEAM Friends used to be saved on the computer, now I do believe it is on their server. (I don't see the file located in the STEAM folder anymore)

Comment

hmm.. i can message my freind gundam while I'm on the ns game, hmm... if you go to freinds than add freinds while in a server, it should list all the players in the server.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
                Also, I believe valve has the whole friends thing working properly now.
                Pfft! My friends list has disappeared every time I've logged in since day one. I've given up all hope of ever using this abominable friends feature.
                Rm 14:2 NIV
                One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

I've got a ton of people on my friends list. Works really well actually. Plus it lets you figure out who people are if they decide to be "funny" and change their name. Give it a shot sometime, given that it is built into steam with the "invite person to game" function, it's proven more useful than Xfire for me.

-Zephyr
                  You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                  We are not a single game.
                  We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                  We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X