79 minute NS game on 1-31-07

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 minute NS game on 1-31-07

Sometime around 8-9CST. Believe the map was NS_prometheus? Anyway, was an *insane* game. Aliens sitting basically at 2 hives the entire game, take a hive, lose a hive, until we were finally lifeformed down in the end. Nothing but constant back and forth, with crazy amounts of teamwork. Great fun. Think I ended the night with 62 deaths *-*.

Pretty much full teched marines vs full upgrade 2-hive aliens for the majority of the meat of the game.

Squeak, Cobra, Yoshi, Aero were all there I know. Feel free to chime in with thoughts and what have you.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Re: 79 minute NS game on 1-31-07

Yep I played this game, very intense but marines finally won. Fighting fully teched marines w/ hmgs is fairly difficult. We pushed them back a number of times and it appeared we had the upper hand when they started getting low on res and were unable to keep passing out JPs\heavies.

They pretty much got us once they snuck a rush (somehow) on observation hive, and then heavily fortified the PG on a elevated surface.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
      They pretty much got us once they snuck a rush (somehow) on observation hive, and then heavily fortified the PG on a elevated surface.
      We had just finished taking Water for the second time in 5 minutes, and most of the team was there. 4-5 people. Atleast 1 other was off chomping nodes during that entire stretch.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Yeah defending water treatment was definitely interesting. The best in the game though was when when you tried to siege obs hive and the left side, and the onos kept stomping in the doorway, coordinated with lerk umbra and a gorge bile bombing with the protection of the onos. While all that was going on, I caused havoc at marine start with my fade, taking out the AA was enough to break the siege. Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
          Yeah defending water treatment was definitely interesting. The best in the game though was when when you tried to siege obs hive and the left side, and the onos kept stomping in the doorway, coordinated with lerk umbra and a gorge bile bombing with the protection of the onos. While all that was going on, I caused havoc at marine start with my fade, taking out the AA was enough to break the siege. Very nice.
          I was aliens the entire round. I was the first adren stomp onos guarding that gorge, with squeak (I believe) behind me. After the BB took out the sieges, Squeak ran past me while I kept stomping from the backside. Great stuff.

Of course after that we had to deal with all the jetpackers, and that map really favors the JP's in most of the siege locations.

Comment

'Tis was an alien wall of hurt it was!

Comment

You're welcome! Its funny, I was just ninja-ing rts slowly, and after i finished off that one (data something??) I looked at my mini-map and was like "jackpot! everyones in water . . . " and up went the phase lol.

Yeah defending water treatment was definitely interesting. The best in the game though was when when you tried to siege obs hive and the left side, and the onos kept stomping in the doorway, coordinated with lerk umbra and a gorge bile bombing with the protection of the onos.
              That was SOO annoying!

That was an amazing game though . . . I played 3 45+ minute games today on tg, one of the others lasting an hour. Funny thing is i think they were all on new maps . . . lucid, prometheus, machina . . .

Comment

I just got out of an 88 minute game. It seems epic games are the thing of 3.2

Comment

God was that a LONG game. That rambo PG that took out obs is what did us in. I have no idea WHERE the marines got their res, because I was chewing on nodes for half that game.
                  USAR

Comment

I had an interesting thought which I'll beg for some data on:

Hypothesis: games that use the balance command will, on average, last longer than those that did not.

Premise: balance(d) games are, in theory, pitting teams of relatively equal strength against each other. This equivalence should lead to games that are longer as both teams will strive against one another until one commits a mistake.

Could a small amount of data be gathered on this? Just a text file listing game, balance yes/no, and a game length would be sufficient to prove if I'm right or just stupid.
                    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

it's my line of thinking that the more (skill) balanced a team is, and the more (game) balanced a beta is, the longer and more enjoyable the round will be.

I've had the pleasure of a few epic games that remind me of the old days when it was the rule, rather than the exception to have them.
                      aka Roland tHTG

Comment

yeah cause back then everyone sucked, lol. not much 'armory first so aa comes 30 seconds faster, dual arms lab, etc' going on back then.

i guess what im getting at is that this is definitely the best version of ns so far. completely.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Stop|Beowulf View Post
                          this is definitely the best version of ns so far. completely.
                          Concur, and that's saying something.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Stop|Beowulf View Post
                            yeah cause back then everyone sucked, lol. not much 'armory first so aa comes 30 seconds faster, dual arms lab, etc' going on back then.

i guess what im getting at is that this is definitely the best version of ns so far. completely.
                            Disagree, but only because I miss 3.1 fading and hate jets.

Comment

actually i agree with you on both of those points, i hope fading gets a bit of a boost back, and i neither like using nor fighting jets. but i still definitely like 3.2 overall better, and its def. more balanced too.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X