Clear All

• Rates Help

fps_max 76
    cl_cmdrate 76
    cl_updaterate 76

rate 20000
    cl_rate 10000
    cl_interp .05

I have a cable modem on a fast line, get a ping usually just below 50 and my lcd monitor's max refresh rate is 75. I turned vsync off.

No reason to stress my video card more than necessary, so i set my fps_max to 76. I set cl_cmdrate to my fps - no reason to update when I can't see it on my screen. I set cl_updaterate to sync up as well, though really this should just be the server's fps (Any admin want to post what fps our server runs at?).
    cl_rate 20000 because thats the max the server allows and cl_rate 10000 because my upload is slower than my download.

Any comments?

Re: Rates Help

cl_updaterate 30 (server isn't higher then this I believe)
    cl_rate 20000

I usually leave interp at default.

Oh yeah, next time try searching this forum. There are like 10,000 rate threads.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...ighlight=rates
    USAR

Comment

I searched for 'rates' should have searched for 'rate' ... thanks for the help.

Comment

Ok after playing around a bit the only rates that give me zero loss and low choke is cmdrate 151 updaterate 151....this makes no sense but i'm stickin to it because otherwise i get tons of loss and/or choke...

Could this be my router too? I am at home so I am using an old Apple Airport Extreme.

Comment

It's the 'extrememe' that's messing with your rates. Take some White-Out to that and you'll be set.
          Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Turn your cl_cmdrate up to 81. You can drop your cl_updaterate to 60 (x2 the default tic-rate of the server) and be fine. Put ex_extrapmax to 2, and turn ex_interp as low as possible without seeing too much yellow/red on your netgraph.
            Underwhelmed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X