Recording Demos (whyz)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording Demos (whyz)

Hey guys. I noticed whyzcrack posting all those demos and had a few questiongs, i figured he would answer them but anyone cna feel free.

Frist: How do you record demos. Do i need to make a script for it?

Second: How do i watch the demos. Do i need to open HL to watch them, or is it a video file. If the first then is there someway to transfer them to video files.

Third: will recording demo affect my performance and how big are the demos genereally.

I have wanted to download demos cause i always seems something funny happen and think man i wish i had a demo!

Thanks guys.

Re: Recording Demos (whyz)

Originally posted by RoseMarysBaby
    Hey guys. I noticed whyzcrack posting all those demos and had a few questiongs, i figured he would answer them but anyone cna feel free.
    Frist: How do you record demos. Do i need to make a script for it?
    Wyz developed a plugin to make this easier, but it's all built into HL. I think it's record and stoprecord. The Steam console will help you.

Second: How do i watch the demos. Do i need to open HL to watch them, or is it a video file. If the first then is there someway to transfer them to video files.
    playdemo <demoname>

It records the demo into your NSP folder with a .dem extension. You could use something like fraps to convert the demo into a playable .avi, then compress it using a codec.

Third: will recording demo affect my performance and how big are the demos genereally.
    Unless you've got a P2, a recording demo should cause you no performance hits.

Comment

First: record namegoeshere all in console and stop to stop it
      Second: open NS, do this in console.. playdemo or play namehere

Third: doesnt effect me

Comment

I have a 1.4Ghz system with 256MB RAM and 64MB of RAM on a damaged GeForce2 graphics card. My disk has little to no fragmentation. In even the largest of firefights, recording a demo impacts my gameplay none.

The commands for recording a demo in Half-Life are:

record
        stop

The 'record' command takes one parameter, which is the filename of the demo you want to record.

My plugin, which is on the server, can automate the issuing of these commands on your HL client. For more information about the plugin, type amx_demo in your console. If you have any questions about it, contact me, either here or privately.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I have a 1.4Ghz system with 256MB RAM and 64MB of RAM on a damaged GeForce2 graphics card. My disk has little to no fragmentation.
          I think you need my 166mhz laptop :)

Comment

hehe hey whyz i got practicly the same system. I got 1.8 p4 with a geforce2 and 256 sdram. But yeah so where will it save the demo? same place it saves the pictures and stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by RoseMarysBaby
              hehe hey whyz i got practicly the same system. I got 1.8 p4 with a geforce2 and 256 sdram. But yeah so where will it save the demo? same place it saves the pictures and stuff?
              Yes, in your nsp folder.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X