05/16 ns_eclipse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05/16 ns_eclipse

A demo of an absolutely amazing game on ns_eclipse on Sunday afternoon.

Download

The download offers one demo, recorded in first person. I have recorded the alien side. No demo is available for the marine side. The demo was recorded using the server's amx_demo console command.

---

Epic game. Over an hour long, including literally every level of every tech in the game, many times over, and often critically-applied toward the success of its wielder's objective.

I was aliens and worked more in support of the team, behind the lines, than I did in direct battle. Berzerker commanded the marines and did an exemplary job doing it (at least it looked that way to the entire alien team). Incredible skill on both sides of the battles and, honestly, I think everyone had an absolute blast. Yes, I won, but those are the games I sure as hell don't mind losing.

The marines did an absolutely FABULOUS job of taking advantage of opportunities we allowed them to have on the map, both with regard to res nodes and also with regard to hives. There were multiple times, as you'll see in the demo, when my arrival at our "hive under attack" was delayed because the strategist in me demanded that I finish "this marine node," or finish building one.

I really wish I had some way of knowing how many res nodes were built during this game. I'd bet it was over 50.

Fantastic, fantastic game. Excellent work on both sides.

Perhaps the most rewarding thing about this game, for me, was the participation on the alien team of a player new to our server. He showed up during a combat map about an hour before this game happened and was kicked multiple times for language and being a general ass. Somehow, we managed to explain to him that we had a reason for kicking idiots, and he wisened up about the time this game started. He was a fine asset to the alien team, and he got grand exposure to the true potential of great players with great teamwork. Recruitment can't be planned sometimes... sometimes you just have to get lucky.

Thanks for everyone who was in this game. It was a blast.

amx_demo (in your console, when you're on the server) was used to record this demo. I wish we had one for the marine team. I'd love to watch it.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: 05/16 ns_eclipse

I would still like to see the demo of the epic game that we had on eclipse last week. I commed it and relocated to the EC Hive, does anyone have that demo lying around?

Comment

Originally posted by tycho
      I would still like to see the demo of the epic game that we had on eclipse last week. I commed it and relocated to the EC Hive, does anyone have that demo lying around?
      I could search for it, but I need to know what day it happened on.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

If anything Wyz that little bit about the new guy learning how to play and bringing a wonderful new addition to our community should encourage you to keep CD as optional. People like him are the reason that we need to keep the chances for new members to arrive open.

-Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
        We are not a single game.
        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I conisdered doing an amx_demo before this game started but I changed my mind. Big mistake, since it was the best game I've played in a long time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X