Your (Just Downloaded) Map Differs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your (Just Downloaded) Map Differs?

When we switched to orbital tonight, I downloaded the map, then couldn't join because my .bsp file apparently was different from the servers. Not sure how that works. :P Anyway -- possible bug somewhere.

Re: Your (Just Downloaded) Map Differs?

Quick solution is to delete your orbital map.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I had just downloaded it from the server. I suppose redownloading it *might* solve the problem, but I can't imagine why it would.

Comment

Perhaps you downloaded accessory files (sprites, etc), but not the bsp itself, just now? Perhaps you had an old version of the map?

I've got a feeling this needs addressing on the server more than clients, but I'm just brainstorming.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I had the same problem. Deleted the map files, redownloaded, and got the same error again. I'm thinking something needs to change server-side. From watching the server list only 3 people out of a full server were able to stay on when we switched to orbital, and presumably one of those was hltv.

Comment

HLTV isn't a real person, Ag.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
              HLTV isn't a real person, Ag.
              Don't say that to HTLV. Got feelings too you know.
              USAR

Comment

Seems like the last time we tried to change the sever to cal_orbital it coughed a hairball, kicked everyone, and the server had to be rcon-restarted. No one could get the "server" map. This would have been ~4 weeks ago or so.
                Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

I think there's a 90% chance the server's http repository and hlds/ns/maps are out of sync. I'm sure Keres can be blamed somehow.

Comment

Could it have something to do with the hltv autojoin?

Comment

Not to my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al View Post
                        I think there's a 90% chance the server's http repository and hlds/ns/maps are out of sync. I'm sure Keres can be blamed somehow.
                        Very likely, I recall when I had just copyed over my old one it worked just fine or somthing like that.

The Fastdownload and The server are out of sync, slowdownload, aka the normal server sent it to you, would not cause this to happen.
                        Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X