Irc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irc

If this has been posted, a search for "irc" or "internet relay chat" doesn't even find it. So if it has, just send me there (if you'd be so kind) or shoot me a pm and delete this evil evil thread.

BUT

I'm used to irc now (more or less) so what are the advanced security procedures? I've done +x / +i in my autoexec list, but that seems like something that might execute after I autojoin or whatnot... anyway, like I said, a redirect or resource is fine, but every time I google for "irc security" (or some variation) I get "don't give out your nudie pics" (or some variation). I'd prefer something concrete.

Ok. That is all. Thanks for reading.

Re: Irc

IRC is relatively (this is the internet) safe nowadays, especially compaired to a few years ago.
    As far as I know mIRC (which I can't remember if you use) has no current known exploits. The only thing that comes to mind that you might want to check is to make sure 'auto-get file' is not clicked in the DCC part of the menu options.

If you get really paranoid about it, read up a bit on using IRC with a proxy.

Myself, I feel plenty comfortable by using common sense and sitting behind a router with Windows firewall enabled. I don't think there's too much to be worried about by my idling on gamesurge NS-related channels.
    aka Roland tHTG

Comment

IRC is fairly safe on gamesurge, where we host our irc channel. now if you were to go on like dalnet or undernet or sone of the irc trading networks, you're putting yourself at risk. for gamesurge, all you need to do is +i/+x, make sure auto-get file is off and make sure your firewall is on. your chances of getting a random virus from talking to people in the TG channel is 0, literally.

Comment

Alright thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse