ns_machina_v2s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns_machina_v2s

Hi all, I have a new version that requires URGENT feedback (ie, deadline = early early sunday)

I'll let aeroripper post the link as I cannot.

Changelog:

-Added cover to Angels Grave Hive, added 'vent' from A'sG to Turning Point.
    -Removed all welds at Circumn. Rerouted that area so that it takes longer to get to Imine Falls from Circumn - this is now a totally legit path.
    - Removed the path from Irradiation Channels to under Imine Falls - this path now connects up to Circumn also.
    - Touched up some areas visually
    - Tweaked path out of western Maus so that it's not so quick to get to Angels Grave. Only a minor timing difference, but it now takes the same time to get to A'sG as it does to Tau Ceti.
    - Lessened the brightness of Tau Ceti's sunlight
    - Hopefully fixed a stuck error with the vent at the back of Tau Ceti
    - Added some blocks to the south of The Pit so marines can drop down without taking damage.
    - Northern Shell node tweaked to access from other side.
    -should now be able to siege from eastern maus entrance

Re: ns_machina_v2s

Here's the download link folks:

Machina v2s Download

Will take a look through this tonight.

EDIT:

Mapcycle updated.
    Last edited by aeroripper; 02-17-2007, 02:07 AM.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Just a visual idea for the grating going across the chasm. It seems too 'busy' with the entire texture for the walkway being the grating as used in the chasm walkway near it.

Just a visual idea for how it could look (sorry for the crudeness):

Make a small window slit at the bottom of the walk area, and add two huge 'observation' windows on the two sides (indicated by the arrows). The yellow dots represent light placement (or however).

The view from the outside looking in. You could possibly also add some similar lighting that you have used on the "JP\Fade catching platform lights" below it. The whitish strip on the bottom of the walkway in this view is the window slit. If that elevator is going to stay in that spot you could make the front of the walkway sort of 'bow' around it so it would look more structured.

The idea is that it is more of a 'passing' observation type area to get to the other side of the ship, but while still overlooking the asteroid processing operation.

Comment

map is mucho improved in this version. siege spots are balanced, angels grave is BEAUTIFUL. noticed that the stuck bug still exists for the elevator out of MS->crater. I believe lost has screens of other stuck points.

Comment

Yea were were doing a full team JP rush and all piled on the elevator and it got stuck. The first round of captains tonight, marines dominated early game and aliens were making a comeback. That is until our JPs flew into the maus hive and were waiting while the hive was dropped JUST then, it was down in seconds.

The second half aliens defended well at maus hive and won the game.

Comment

With all the open areas, the aliens have a nice speed advantage. This pressures marines into early phase tech or mid-game jps.

Its pretty and one of my favorite maps, though i liked it when it was a bit more closed in / smaller.
            Last edited by micr0c0sm; 02-17-2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

The area around Turning Point / Ante is still bothersome to me. The problem is that when you're headed North out of TP and you want to make a right into Ante, there's a light RIGHT NEXT TO the door and you walk right into it thinking that it's the doorway because of the lighting change. If you smoothed that area out a touch more I think it'd be perfect. I do like all the new pathing in the maps and think the accessibility is great. Like the work in Imine Falls. There are a few "dead-ends" where corridors used to be and I killed (and got killed) running in there a few times.

Tight map!
              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Not sure how concerned you are with the map, but we noticed there is an important new vent going into a hive that doesn't show up on the map. Maybe someone else can remember where it was...
                aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Probably that new one in angel's grave hive.

Comment

Originally posted by bentring View Post
                    Not sure how concerned you are with the map, but we noticed there is an important new vent going into a hive that doesn't show up on the map. Maybe someone else can remember where it was...
                    Angels grave to Turning point. The vent/walkway at the top of AG doesnt show on the minimap

Comment

Here is the images I started with. Like I said in the image, There was so many that I gave up on taking screen shots, after all, I wanted to play some captains.
                      Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

The more games I play on this the more marine wins I see. Maybe its because marines hold to many easy nodes and its hard for aliens to get all the way over to them and keep on them unless marines really screw up a siege.

Comment

Is the pronunciation fixed in this version?

I have, and will continue to, describe this map as "a work of art".

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                            The more games I play on this the more marine wins I see. Maybe its because marines hold to many easy nodes and its hard for aliens to get all the way over to them and keep on them unless marines really screw up a siege.
                            I think east-west access is pretty good. There's cover for skulks to get around so they can cross the map and work the "non-hive" side rts. You might be getting used to the great north-south routes that give marines access to the whole map pretty quickly.

This map is no worse (to me) than ns_eclipse. If you start in Eclipse hive, aliens have just as hard a time clearing the nodes on Maintenance side as the aliens on this map will have clearing Angel's / Tau sides if they start on the opposite side. The difference is, ns_machina has better vents/cover for aliens to get over there and better ambush points along the way.

Part of the problem could be that that people just don't know the map well enough and are still trying to drive by the mini-map.
                            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

A vent could also be added from imine falls into the area right outside of circumn with the high walls to the ceiling. It's bothersome for aliens to have to go all the way around that big wall to get there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X