NS_Bast_classic released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS_Bast_classic released

Complete with revolving door and everything. (Plus a variety of bugfixes.)

Do we want this on our server? Probably not in rotation, but reachable by mapvote?

Linky

Re: NS_Bast_classic released

This was a great map! I remember the first game I won as com was on this map, and we turned the entire game around because we were able to relocate to the ramp / tunnel system behind feedwater, entire matches were won through the tunnels, that's what I miss about the map, bring it back!

Comment

OMG, i see the unstoppable skulkrush vent to MS in the revolving door pic! We need to play some games on this beauty.

Comment

This is now on the server as a custom map. Map name is ns_bast_classic.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

As much as I love bast, I could go without that vent in MS for the rest of my days.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

we just played it. so buggy its not even worth playing. the revolving door moves at like 1/4 speed that it used to and its choppy/stucky, plus the node placement is TERRIBLE. fun to play for a captains game maybe when we dont really care, but for non-regulars its going to be an ns_deadserver.

Comment

Revolving door didn't seem any slower to me, and the node placement (while terrible) is accurate. I do miss that one right under feedwater though. And I've long lamented the loss of the vent system on that map. I was happy to be in it.
              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

The revolving door was always pretty buggy. The map was also nearly impossible to navigate as an Onos.

Lots of good memories there but I would rather play the new version over the old.

Comment

Bast went through about 10 different versions (exaggeration) before the one that's 'up to date' and IMO none of them were/are any good. The older, the worse. More novel, but worse. I'm not saying I don't wanna play it, I'm just think it's funny how people forget just how awful certain elements of the map really were.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Well said aesop. I can remember that the revolving door was sometimes a deathtrap, and there were a few other oddities with getting stuck.

As an alien, I like the map.
                    As a marine, the map is ok.
                    As a commander, the map is horrible - Not because it's hard to command, but because when the server is on bast, marines are usually awaiting the end, or are more apt to just quit out all together.

The most common word when the server switches to bast: Ughhh.
                    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ImAWuss View Post
                      The most common word when the server switches to bast: Ughhh.
                      I believe we had an ns_deadserver thread about this exact point. I still like the newer version of bast simply due to the fact that MS isnt an onos deathtrap.

Comment

I like it for the vent system.

Speaking of "I'm not saying I don't wanna play it, I'm just think it's funny how people forget just how awful certain elements of the map really were" --- sieging engine hive from marine start anyone? Siege cannons in the vents? GOOD MAP DESIGN RIGHT THERE.
                        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Seiging from Marine start was another version back, when Seige Cannons had more range. You haven't been able to do that since 1.04.

But yeah, seiging from the vents was fun. And "N" corridor was fun. The whole vent system in that map was fun. Much more interesting than the current one, that wraps around marine start for no real reason and doesn't actually go anywhere.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X