Anyone use arrow keys?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use arrow keys?

Or am I the only one, I see these amazing binds for wasd and players that destroy using wasd keys... I feel like a dinosaur. Any good suggestions for arrow binds?

Re: Anyone use arrow keys?

I thought of using arrow keys in a fps waaaay back when. I couldn't make myself try after looking at the blank space below the arrows.
    aka Roland tHTG

Comment

I used to use arrow keys back in the day... I'd suggest learning wasd ;)

Comment

I do :X. Always have ever since the duke3d days.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Well theres backslash, Delete, End, Page Down and the Numpad, but all that empty space around it makes it pretty inefficient.

Comment

ewwww

Comment

Or you could try getting a N52 and using that... Arrow's just dont have enough accessible keys to make for good binds. Did you try searching through Natural Selections Forum?
              Oyee

Comment

n52 pwns
                better than scripting I use it for all my hacks :-)

Comment

arrow keys are good for leftys. i'm righty so I use WASD, which also makes it easier to reach my G-keys. G15 kb owns.

Comment

Here I started this thread a while ago, thought it might be relevant. BTW I'm right handed and still use arrow keys.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ouse-keys.html
                    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

You know, those keys can be physically moved to wherever u want. Of course, if you switch em, and you're a hunt and peck typer, you might end up making some very odd mistakes.

But seriously, If I were to use the arrow keys, I'd have to put my keyboard way up to the left of my monitor, just cuz of the ergonomics of the thing. I can't stand to have my hands so close together. Even for typing I find it to be straining. Aside from that, when you use the arrow keys, you're at a distinct advantage in any FPS, but especially HL mods, because of your quick access to other keys (HL because of the hard-bound slot system). You won't see a whole lot of leet fades using arrow keys. Which bring up a interesting point, aero, how do you manage?

"I've tried to get out, but they keep PULLIN ME BACK IN" - Kevin Spacey, as Robert DeNiro, on SNL - and me, as me, about NS.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

^^^^ right. Using WASD with a mouse is a more natural position because it lets you arms lie straight foward.
                        LLJK-Domino in game

Comment

I use WASD but I'd really like to get used to ESDF some time (tribes 2 i believe used it)... Gives more options for easily accesible keys... But it is hell to try to get used to.
                          remi.D

Comment

There isn't really any good reason to use arrow keys. WASD gives you a hell of a lot more buttons in close proximity where the arrow keys give you practically none. If you're a lefty, use 8456 on the numpad.

Comment

Buddy used to play Unreal using QWER(space). The (space) wasn't jump - it was 'right'; 'Q' was 'left'; somewhere in WER were back/forward/jump. Used to be pretty good at it and it saved his middle finger from having to jump between W/S. Of course, other than swapping weapons (convenient with this setup), Unreal didn't require any other real binds to play.
                              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X