A TG ANSL Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A TG ANSL Team

I know that TG has already spawned a team from their regular players, but it seems like there are a lot of other regulars that can form another team. Why haven't you guys tried to form a team? I know you have way more then 6, and it really doesn't require any time.

Re: A TG ANSL Team

For the most part, people at TG don't WANT the competitive scene. We want good games, yes, but the social aspect of the game sits WAY before the winning aspect of it.

A couple of years ago, we used to gather up people and scrim random CAL teams late at night. That was pretty nice; no real pressure to perform, and everything happened at our leisure and not a league's schedule.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I personally have had alot of fun play in ANSL with Hydra. I think it would be awsome if another team formed so we could slaughter them :).

However, Veri, I think we have been recruiting most of those interested off of TG. We'll see...

Comment

LOLLERS TacticalRage^2 ftw

On a more serious note, I think the format of ANSL is more conducive to a better atmosphere. Its a heck of a lot easier to 'try out' and I don't see nearly as much drama as I did in CAL.

In the mean time if you would like to try out without even forming a full team get some friends together and try scrimming, its really easy to scrim or pug without committing yourself to ANSL.

The only thing you have to get used to is everyone hax :-p

Though this is from 2 days experience. I'll post more thoughts as they come to me.

Comment

I was recently interested in doing some [semi]-competitive ns, but i dont think i have the time any more anyway.

Comment

for a good time call chopsuck or join #nspickup on gamesurge irc

^ found on a truckstop bathroom stall
            aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Getting a clan going with people that are active and good is not as easy as it used to be tbh ;)

Comment

We had a poll thread back when ANSL was being formed about our desire to play competitively or not and our justification for the answers we gave. Yes, we have a very large number of talented people here. Yes, we have enough people to form 10 ANSL teams. But as the posts say above, I dont think a lot of us really want to play competitively for various reasons.

My personal reasons are wide and varied. To begin with, I suck. We all know I suck, but playing at TG makes sucking fun. People laugh at my stupidity and its laughter in the sense where I can laugh too because I'm not being mocked. I dont get the "OMG youve been playing since 1.04 and youre not a pro skulk/fade/lerk and cant kill a skulk with 3 pistol bullets every time? WTF is wrong with you?!" speech. Basically, the environment is pleasant, it provides a sense of competition without people being too uptight about it and the people I get to play with are awesome.

My other main reason is that I used to play competitively. I was on several competitive teams that never really went anywhere and the only one I had fun in was whois with Tpyo, CWAG and Pjofsky (and occasionally we'd hang out with Duo). We didnt take it seriously at all and raged all the teams we played that were all serious and beefcake about winning in CAL. I understand that ANSL isnt CAL, but thats a mentality that you cant avoid happening. I know a lot of people that play in ANSL and theyre a bunch of good guys, but eventually competition feeds the ego and you'll wind up with the CAL "you dont compete so I wont talk to you" mentality from some teams. You wind up with a whole new crop of arrogant players who think they own the world because theyre a pro fade and can destroy everyone they come across. I hate that environment and dont want to get into anything that could lead down that road.

Lastly, between work and class, I just dont have the time to commit to making practices and pugs and scrims and matches all week long.

Bottom line is that I'll just stick to noncompetitive TG play and I dont think I'll be alone in the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by FooKer View Post
                  Getting a clan going with people that are active and good is not as easy as it used to be tbh ;)
                  Yeah, half the time a bunch of ninja penguins carry your prospective players off.

Damn those ninja penguins.

Comment

WAD CLAN FOREVEROMGyarsterling.wad{zephyr}!!!1!11!11oneelel evendy!
                    O_O
                    *runs away*
                    -Zephyr
                    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                    We are not a single game.
                    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
                      WAD CLAN FOREVEROMGyarsterling.wad{zephyr}!!!1!11!11oneelel evendy!
                      O_O
                      *runs away*
                      -Zephyr
                      Thus illustrating why we are the "Special" children that comprise the NS community.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                        I know that TG has already spawned a team from their regular players, but it seems like there are a lot of other regulars that can form another team. Why haven't you guys tried to form a team? I know you have way more then 6, and it really doesn't require any time.
                        Ask yeh, Kama, and macbauer to form a team, those 3 that come to mind for competitive play.
                        Although not sure about Kama if he still into it. Just ask people individually, especially those that played in cal, or were/are in a clan/team etc.

Comment

Turb, I'm thinking he's wanting another team to play against, not trying to start one.

And I'm fairly certain Kama and macbauer are already on a team. ;)
                          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                            For the most part, people at TG don't WANT the competitive scene. We want good games, yes, but the social aspect of the game sits WAY before the winning aspect of it.
                            This is a common misconception about competitive ns. What you decide is of value is what is in the end important, not winning at all costs. Certain people value winning above all else, yes, and they'll focus on that. I tend to play with people I can talk to and get along with more so than teams that play to win exclusively, because most of them are asshats and make me hate the game. There are plenty of teams that play from the same server, from another game, etc, because they value playing with their friends.

Having said that, I think many people that play competitive ns play to have fun, which often (but not always) involves winning. I'd take an extremely well-off game that I eventually lose to a poor 10 minute slaughter that I win with no challenge, as would many other folks.

Comment

How about a 10 minute game in which you get slaughtered? I think that's the biggest barrier most people have to competitive NS.
                              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X