Requesting Help, again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Help, again!

So it's now time for me to write my Final Paper.

In case you're curious, I got a C+ on the midterm paper... I think I deserved more, I resubmitted it so it may have been bumped up to a B...

Anyways, this time I am doing a paper on methods to maximize the social atmosphere / community of games. I will be creating a survey which I am hoping many of you will fill out, but for now I was hoping to get some suggestions:

What kind of questions should be on the survey?
    What games' forums should I post to about social community-ness... I'm definitely posting it here. My focus is more on FPSes so I don't know if I'll post it to WoW.

What other FPSes are highly team oriented, preferably with voice communication?
    remi.D

Re: Requesting Help, again!

Counter-Strike, if you can find a server that has good people...

(Say... isn't there one of those around here?)

Otherwise people will bitch at you for being a nub, or a hacker, or some other reason. See any Cal server. I played on one, and I can never stand Cal people.

Though in my opinion, you better off with something like Halo 1, in a social setting, as Halo lets the amazing players shine, and the not so good players pull crazy stunts. (An example... a newbie grabbed overshield and blasted himself across map to cap flag.)

Comment

Battlefield 2? And BF2142, both also around TG.

Actually, TG has quite a few team-oriented FPS games.

Comment

Questions I can think of that might be useful:
        - What is it that makes you come back to the same community/communities for gaming? (presuming they do, of course)
        - Why play online? What is it that online gaming offers that a great AI (for example) can not?
        - How do you deal with a poor online experience with a particular player? Clan? Community?
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I will be creating this survey and posting it after my 3pm today. (I will be getting feedback from the professor on my topic at that time, so I feel I should wait until then to form the survey.)

To the admins: Should I post it in this thread or should I just post a new thread? (I'm also planning on double posting the survey to the other game's forums because I know many of us don't go outside our game, seemed okay for my midterm paper. Hope it's okay again. :) )
          remi.D

Comment

Create a new thread per poll, per forum. Always reference this thread in each, so people understand what you're doing.

Be very descriptive in your poll goal, and try not to create answer options that suck.

If you can't add the poll to a new thread, PM a moderator in each forum, including the link to the thread you need a poll added to, complete with question (and answer options). Note: some moderators in some forums may not add the poll. Might wanna check ahead of time.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks, love. :)
              remi.D

Comment

Or... we could all stamp Wyz's forehead with a big, red FIRED stamp, slap him around a bit, and get him to do the paper for you... complete with it's on Visual Software...

Just an idea. (plus I got to burn Wyz on 45's replacement lawl)

-Mom
                Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I move to temp-ban Mom for typing 'lawl.' Do I have a second?
                  Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

The motion is passed.

We can save seconds for the buffet.

Mmmmm.. chicken pot pie.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I still havent received my pot pie.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse