Temporary Admins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary Admins

I have enabled functionality on the server which allows for one supporting member to kick players when an admin is not present. This only gives kick access to members, and only when no admins are on the server, and only to one member at any given time (no matter how many members are on the server).

The idea is to help the server when admins aren't around. This is going to require that members not abuse this feature, and the access is NOT to be used to kick other members, under any circumstances.

If this is abused, I'll prohibit member access to this functionality by blocking the abusing member's personal SteamID. If abuse becomes a regular problem, I'll remove the functionality altogether.

I would prefer that members use this access ONLY when called to do so by other regulars (members and non-members). I'd prefer that a member kicking another player do it with the support of at least one other regular (or reasonable non-regular).

Temporary Admins, as I suppose we'll call them, will appear on the scoreboard with an admin icon which is gray (as opposed to the green, which remains reserved for full-time admins).

This concept, and the plugin which allows it, is still being evaluated. It will be evaluated based on the actions of those it empowers. That is, I don't want to hear complaints about this idea. I understand what about this could backfire. However, if you experience abuse, first-hand or otherwise, I *do* want to hear about it.

There is a logic which determines which member becomes a temporary admin, but I don't care to explain it now. All that's important is that a member (only one at any time) should always have kick access when no admins are present. They can't change maps, they can't be PM'd with 'asay', and they can't do anything else that admins do.

All they can do is kick people, and they'll quickly lose their access if they abuse it. If you're a temporary admin, and you want to kick someone, and you're not sure.... ask other regulars what should be done. Once folks decide, use the power you've got to keep the server in line.

The command that temporary admins should use to kick players is:

amx_mkick <playerName> "reason"

Always specify a reason, and always put the reason in quotes.

amx_kick wyzc "language"
    amx_kick "STEAM_0:1:12345678" "You must communicate with your team."
    amx_kick wyzcrak "Don't spam the voicecomm."

You get the idea. If you have questions about this functionality, post them here or contact me privately. The point of this is to make the server a BETTER place to play, not earn us a reputation for admin abuse. If you abuse this, it'll go away.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Temporary Admins

Known Issue:

There sometimes is a delay between admin access changing for members and their icon updating. Sometimes, instead of a gray admin icon switching back to the purple member icon, it first switches to a green admin icon and THEN to a purple member icon.

I'm not sure what causes this, but it is nothing more than a cosmetic flaw. It does not mean that the temporary member briefly (or otherwise) has full admin access. The icon is correct, but it fortunately seems to correct itself quickly, returning the member to their typical purple icon.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

GO TO BED, damn its almost 6

Comment

Well he could test all this when the server is full instead of at 4 in the morning when it is me and a few others getting owned by enigma anyway. Even though I'm not a member (yet (still waiting for first paycheck)), I still have to achnowledge him for being dedicated to the server enough to not interupt gaming at high traffic times when enigma isn't maiming us completely.

P.S. The time I say it tested, I never saw the admin thing turn from grey to green. I saw it dissapear for a sec and then appeared as the purple.

[edit]Ahhh! My grammer was horrible when I wrote this post originally >.<[/edit]
        Last edited by Vendetta; 05-24-2004, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Sweet, now i can beg people to kick spoon_tweed, man he's annoying.

Comment

Spoon= The funny

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMore.
              Sweet, now i can beg people to kick spoon_tweed, man he's annoying.
              Not sure if this is a joke but anyhow there are two spoon's Little spoon and big spoon, just make sure you know which one your kicking.

Comment

I asked krispy to use this twice last night and it proved very effective.
                Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

I believe he currently is not.

But then it may not be my place to say so.
                  I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
                    WM aren't you an admin?
                    I used to be an admin, but I am playing less NS now, have exams and am going travelling in a few weeks, so I didn't want my membership for the time being. Giving up my membership also ment giving up my admin status.

I may take my membership up again later in the summer or next academic year, particularly if I get into a new game that TG supports.
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

it be funny if someone gave reasons like:

amx_kick "STEAM_0:1:12345678" "...just because"

but really, i think this function at LEAST gives someone the "temporary cop" option.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X