2 things

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 things

1. 8:50pm eastern, half the team ignores a hive being rushed by other entire opposing team. Game lost due to lack of teamwork after many calls of get to the hive. Please consider bans. I don't remember the names of the players who weren't doing anything, I just remember we had 2 gorges and a lerk and a fade and zero skulks in a hive with a full 8 team.

2. Also, Aero said for me to post this: please implement vote_rebalance in addition to the balance plugin. It works great a lot of the time but sometimes not so much. Allow only registered players to comprise the 100% majority of a team. Make it something like 51% of the regs to enact a rebalance.

Or don't.

Re: 2 things

hey, i was in that same game, i was a lerk, went in and i figured out i was the only person in there, and then got killed by 5 shotties.....

yea it was pretty bad i got so pissed off i left.

SYKE DESIGNS

Comment

Retro-active bans on players who didn't play up to par in a particular game?

No thanks. Education > bans

Comment

You're cut for talking back.

Additionally, it was the lack of teamwork and TOTAL ignorance of all communication and general screwoffery of the players that I'm objecting to, not the lack of skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Slayer of Hippies View Post
          1. 8:50pm eastern, half the team ignores a hive being rushed by other entire opposing team. Game lost due to lack of teamwork after many calls of get to the hive. Please consider bans. I don't remember the names of the players who weren't doing anything, I just remember we had 2 gorges and a lerk and a fade and zero skulks in a hive with a full 8 team.

2. Also, Aero said for me to post this: please implement vote_rebalance in addition to the balance plugin. It works great a lot of the time but sometimes not so much. Allow only registered players to comprise the 100% majority of a team. Make it something like 51% of the regs to enact a rebalance.

Or don't.
          No, no, no. If you wish to file a complaint about the conduct of a player, you need to send a PM to the admin. You've read the SOP's I presume? As for requesting bans for players, that's not on either. Poker and his team will review any genuine player conduct complaints you PM them, and they will take the appropriate action.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Thought that was just for hack accusations?

Comment

Root, we accept the rule and appreciate it, but when you have the majority of the server not doing what they should be, it's rather hard to report them all.

I understand that's why GB is back, and it's very useful and it gets the job done most of the time. The fact still remains that we CAN NOT forcefully keep someone out of the server unless we GB them repeated times.

My question remains: Is it our responsibility to continuously GB a single player if he has gotten to the point where he should be banned anyway?

Say "NP" is spamming vulgarity on the co_ mic. We kick him. He comes back, continues. Kick, continue, kick, continue. Should we keep this up as if we were banning him permenantly?

-Mom
              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom View Post
                Root, we accept the rule and appreciate it, but when you have the majority of the server not doing what they should be, it's rather hard to report them all.

I understand that's why GB is back, and it's very useful and it gets the job done most of the time. The fact still remains that we CAN NOT forcefully keep someone out of the server unless we GB them repeated times.

My question remains: Is it our responsibility to continuously GB a single player if he has gotten to the point where he should be banned anyway?

Say "NP" is spamming vulgarity on the co_ mic. We kick him. He comes back, continues. Kick, continue, kick, continue. Should we keep this up as if we were banning him permenantly?

-Mom
                Do you want to keep playing with NP? Seems like an obvious answer to me.

Also, with one (apparent) exception, no one has needed to be GB'd more than three times in recent history.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Slayer of Hippies View Post
                  Thought that was just for hack accusations?
                  If anything isn't up to par, and there's something the admins might be able to do, let us know. Sometimes players might need a pat on the shoulder and a reminder about our expectations while on the server.
                  [volun2]
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

vote_rebalance sounds interesting. Should it be a new thread to keep from getting lost in here? I don't want it (the topic re: vote_rebalance) to vaporize.
                    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid View Post
                      vote_rebalance sounds interesting. Should it be a new thread to keep from getting lost in here? I don't want it (the topic re: vote_rebalance) to vaporize.
                      Yes.
                      [volun2]

Comment

I did read the primer but it's been awhile, and I've never actually had this problem come up before in this magnitude on TG.

vote_rebalanced topic posted. Feel free to kill this thread at your leisure. Sorry for the trouble.

Comment

if someone keeps coming back then just type this in your console:

bind z "gb beo"

think it should be pretty easy to extrapolate that when you gb'd with a reason, then gb'd with it again, and then gb'd say 100 times over the next 10 minutes that its still for the same reason. its what i do when im messing around on a listenserver, if someone i dont want on comes back i just bind a key to kicking them.

on that note, does the partial have to match the beginning of their name or any part? ive had a spot or two where someone's name is like "[\/^* broken arrow ,./," and its a pain to type out quickly but would be much easier to just type broken, but im not sure if it works that way.

Comment

Pretty sure it grep's 'cause our admins are super-cool like that.
                            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Stop|Beowulf View Post
                              if someone keeps coming back then just type this in your console:

bind z "gb beo"

think it should be pretty easy to extrapolate that when you gb'd with a reason, then gb'd with it again, and then gb'd say 100 times over the next 10 minutes that its still for the same reason. its what i do when im messing around on a listenserver, if someone i dont want on comes back i just bind a key to kicking them.

on that note, does the partial have to match the beginning of their name or any part? ive had a spot or two where someone's name is like "[\/^* broken arrow ,./," and its a pain to type out quickly but would be much easier to just type broken, but im not sure if it works that way.
                              Some difficult names have issues with the typical 'gb' syntax. Type 'status' in console and get their #userid number:

gb #123 "Communication is required with your team"

It's use is dictated in the 'gb revamp' sticky:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...gb-revamp.html
                              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X