AFK kicker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFK kicker

Would it be possible to raise the time limit for being AFK kicked slightly?

I hate the fact that I get up during a map change, go out to my kitchen and grab a drink... and by the time I get back to my computer, I've been kicked for AFK. Usually my luck is that the server is full so I can't rejoin.

Personally, I only need about 10 more seconds to not be kicked =\

Re: AFK kicker

I know how you feel. I usually get back just as the load bar is starting up for the switch to the HLTV server. :(

Except I don't really know how you feel, because I've got SM so I can always get back in. ;)

But yeah, another 5 to 10 seconds would be all we drink-getters need to get back to the game.

Comment

How about allowing regged users to type 'afk' in chat and giving us another 10-20 seconds before being sent to HLTV? This would let everyone know you're afk and will be back really quickly, and for non-SM's this won't mean you have to go the the kiddie(secondary) server to wait around for more people to join. ;-)

Comment

another 30 sec is better than the alternative, which is us joining a team and then leaving to get a drink. which i realize is technically unacceptable, but a man's gotta drink!

Comment

AFK players at the start of a game is what caused us to lower it so much in the early game to begin with.

We don't have AFK players at the beginning of games like we used to, and I like it that way.

That having been said, and keeping in mind that I don't run this show anymore (I just pull the leeevers Boss Man tells me to), I'd be OK with raising the early game AFK limit if *IF* enough unique users post here requesting it for good reason.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

What is our current afk kicker set at, 15 sec? The 'afk' in allsay is an interesting idea to give an additional 10 sec or something. Although what I wouldn't want to see is everybody going afk at the start of a map then not being around when the game starts.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

It's set to 60 seconds until mp_latejointime passes (1:30, the default value), at which point it changes to 120 seconds.

Pre-game time during which you're idle in the readyroom, or frozen during mp_freezetime, counts against the 60 seconds. The AFK kicker won't kick you unless a game is in progress.

And all of that is by design, which is that players not present immediately following the beginning of a new game are removed within seconds of the start of the game, while players who fall idle during the middle of a game are given more time to return (120 seconds).
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Funny, i usually have time to pee AND get a drink AND light a smoke before I run into the time threshold and i'm usually one of the first ones to pop into the RR on mapchange. You guys are either slow or well...slow. :)

By the way..i'm birthday-drunk, so i'm ragging on you. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                  Funny, i usually have time to pee AND get a drink AND light a smoke before I run into the time threshold and i'm usually one of the first ones to pop into the RR on mapchange. You guys are either slow or well...slow. :)

By the way..i'm birthday-drunk, so i'm ragging on you. :D
                  My bathroom is on another floor!

I did not realize the beginning timer was shorter than the mid round timer, an extra 15-30 seconds at round start would be great. Even 15 seconds so I don't get back to watch the screen change to loading HLTV on a regular basis.
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Plan ahead, people.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

There's also the problem that some of us are called away on emergency duties, as in like... My six year old brother went and did something stoopid and I need to check on him, or my four year old sister demands me to look at her in all her Hello Kitty glory.

Or I need a drink too, 'specially a Mountain Dew so I can stay up til 3 AM, shooting somebody. Or something.

Comment

Ahh babysitting from the computer . . . those were the days . . .

Comment

Hm...slight thought. Don't change the length of the timer, just make the plugin not start kicking until game-time 10 seconds or something like that.

After all, this "problem" usually only happens to people who leave their computer during the mapchange screen, so they've been motionless for the entire readyroom time plus the entire planning time, and are very possibly over the 60 second restriction already the moment the game starts.

Once or twice I've almost been afk-kicked while egging to gorge at game start. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                            ewww. Just ewww.

You have far too much free time on your hands.
                            I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

It is incredibly anoying when planning the round to have AFKs on the team. I like how TGs AFK kicker is shorter. AFKs are damn anoying.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X