Sorry for my rage drop hive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for my rage drop hive

At a game earlier today at about 5:50 CST, I was on the Alien team who were in a winning position on the map. After a few losses of higher lifeforms and the loss of our third hive, the tables turned dramatically and HA trains wiped out 2 onoses and at least 2 fades. There was no stopping the slaughters... Phase gates and turret factories were already built at both equilibrium and cargo and it looked like all was lost. Some even started raging... and after watching skulk after skulk die while spawning, I made a run for it to alpha hive (which still had sieges up) and, in frustration from dying 3 times in a row while spawning, I dropped the hive without notifying the team, hoping it would at least stop the slaughter which was ensuing on the other side of the map in equilibrium. Besides, we didn't have many higher lifeforms to stop the heavies and sieges.... or so I thought. After I dropped the hive, come to find out, 2 onoses had been formed by now and they were using the hive in cargo to help out in equilibrium... only problem was, I had dropped the alpha hive which caused them to spawn there... keeping them away from helping out in equil and I couldn't build an MC fast enough for them to get back.

We lost the equil hive, then alpha hive, then the game.

I apologize for my stupidity in anger. I try not to be one that rage quits and ended up doing something equally dumb in frustration.

I will make sure not to do this again (unless I have the team's consent).
    Attached Files

Re: Sorry for my rage drop hive

Originally posted by RyGiL View Post
    At a game earlier today at about 5:50 CST, I was on the Alien team who were in a winning position on the map. After a few losses of higher lifeforms and the loss of our third hive, the tables turned dramatically and HA trains wiped out 2 onoses and at least 2 fades. There was no stopping the slaughters... Phase gates and turret factories were already built at both equilibrium and cargo and it looked like all was lost. Some even started raging... and after watching skulk after skulk die while spawning, I made a run for it to alpha hive (which still had sieges up) and, in frustration from dying 3 times in a row while spawning, I dropped the hive without notifying the team, hoping it would at least stop the slaughter which was ensuing on the other side of the map in equilibrium. Besides, we didn't have many higher lifeforms to stop the heavies and sieges.... or so I thought. After I dropped the hive, come to find out, 2 onoses had been formed by now and they were using the hive in cargo to help out in equilibrium... only problem was, I had dropped the alpha hive which caused them to spawn there... keeping them away from helping out in equil and I couldn't build an MC fast enough for them to get back.

I apologize for my stupidity in anger. I try not to be one that rage quits and ended up doing something equally dumb in frustration.

Sounds like bad timing thats all.
    I feel your pain, although the onoses should have gestated in EQ, even though it was hot(very risky I know). You dropping the hive was a right thing to do even with sieges.

Comment

Originally posted by RyGiL View Post

Based on what the situation was, you probably could not do much of anything else. You're being too hard on yourself buddy :)

|

Comment

+Rep for the image :)

Communication is key on this server, you need to get information out to your team as efficiently as possible. You win some, you lose some, and in this situation you've learned a valuable lesson. I suspect you'll be more of a challenge for the opposing team next time you are on the server.
        USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
          +Rep for the image :)

Communication is key on this server, you need to get information out to your team as efficiently as possible. You win some, you lose some, and in this situation you've learned a valuable lesson. I suspect you'll be more of a challenge for the opposing team next time you are on the server.
          agreed.

|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...