Doors on ns_nancy ruling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doors on ns_nancy ruling

Could we get a little explanation (beyond the administration feeling it's 'aberrant') on the ruling? Commanders able to control the environment doesn't seem out of the scope of the game basis, doors have been controllable in various maps since the inception of the game, and the incidence of occurrence seems very low. Just not sure why an additional ruling was felt necessary.
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Re: Doors on ns_nancy ruling

Easy. On nancy, players can only open/close the door about once per 2-3 seconds spamming the use key. The commander can open/close it insanely rapidly, making it literally impossible for any lifeforms to get through without dying. We had a problem with this yesterday on the map when the comm did this after marines had set up shop in aux comm and it gave the aliens only one exit out of the room. It happened again as aliens tried to approach MS, where a pg had been set up after a relocate and the comm did it again, killing an onos I believe.

I havent noticed the bug on any other maps, but on nancy its ridiculous. The commander being able to control variables of the environment is well within reason, as you said, but the commander being able to exploit a bug which allows him to use those variables at an exponential rate that regular rines dont have is bad.

Comment

Although I haven't experienced it myself, I've been told the door can be opened/closed something like 6 times per second. This is clearly a bug and employing it to the detriment of the alien team is an exploit.
      Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Wow, i've heard of it being possible for the commander to open and close the doors, but i've never seen any commander even bother to take his focus away to try and squash a alien running though, it if time is different (i don't think it would be but if it was) that would really be unfair. Nice to see fast response to a problem, see you all tonight!

Comment

Gotcha. Didn't know that the "spam" was possible - and I agree that this element moves it into the "gamebreaking" arena.
          Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

I've killed many an alien with the doors on nancy. While rapidly opening/closing to crush someone is pretty lame since there's no way to stop it, just closing the door on an alien (either to trap them because they're trying to escape) or to crush them is still legal, correct? I'm talking about pushing it once to initially close the door, not repeatedly opening/closing it.

Comment

If you only do it once, I would assume its acceptable as its no different than opening/closing doors on bast or hera. The main issue was with its rapid use to kill aliens during a hive siege on nancy.

Comment

another great reason to play nancy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse