SM kicking system + respect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SM kicking system + respect

First off i'd to bring up my disapproval with how the supporting member/reserve slot kicking system works. On multiple occasions (with usually me being the victim), the sm kicking system kicks me, a registered player, over many other non-registered players (question marks) in the server. It was to my understanding that the reserve system was in opposite to this. main issue is first point.
    Last edited by lochness; 03-24-2007, 03:08 AM.

Re: SM kicking system + respect

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...gb-revamp.html

Go read that.

Comment

Chop is right. Read stickies. Save lives.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopStick View Post
        How does this address his complaint?

Comment

His complaint is that SMs bump registered players despite the existence of unregistered players?

If he reads about the gb revamp, he's most likely to remain on the server as long as is possible, given his non-SM options.

It might not solve his complaint (which isn't going to be solved), but it addresses it? Or perhaps I'm missing something?
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

* understand that registered players who choose not to opt-in to share the 'gb' burden are just as vulnerable to being bumped as are unregistered players when a Supporting Member joins the full server.

does that mean if i opt in to use gb i wont be bumped by sms? or not?

Comment

If you're a non-SM who is not opted-in to 'gb', the server looks first to bump you when someone successfully joins the full server.

If you're a non-SM who is opted-in to 'gb', the server looks to bump you only when there are no non-SMs who are not opted-in.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                If you're a non-SM who is not opted-in to 'gb', the server looks first to bump you when someone successfully joins the full server.

If you're a non-SM who is opted-in to 'gb', the server looks to bump you only when there are no non-SMs who are not opted-in.
                Don't take opting in lightly. It's not there so you keep from getting kicked. It's there so you can help take ownership of the server and keep it a place worth playing.

The non-getting-kicked part is a carrot, but if you're not willing to share in the burden of administration, don't sign up.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

In particular, any player opted-in to gb who has demonstrated a lack of responsibility in their accepted duties will see an administrative response.
                  Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Basically, bottom line is this in a nutshell:
                    Dont opt in and you're just as likely to be slotted as ?'s. Opt in and ?'s get slotted first, then non-SM's, just like it used to be. However, if you opt in and a situation merits GB use, you are REQUIRED to use it, regardless of whether or not something important is happening (i.e. youre the fade in the middle of trying to save a hive and someone needs to be GB'd: too bad, you get to stop fighting and take care of it, then rejoin the fight). Its fairly simple.

Comment

*sniff - got my reg fixed up today and am puttin in bucks to a good place (as of today) but got booted twice today already to make room for a supporting member. I believe in supporting a good place - just wonderin how long it takes to kick in.
                      sigpic
                      Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

Originally posted by IOOB_583 View Post
                        *sniff - got my reg fixed up today and am puttin in bucks to a good place (as of today) but got booted twice today already to make room for a supporting member. I believe in supporting a good place - just wonderin how long it takes to kick in.
                        AFAIK, You will need to put your steamid in your forum profile, and read and sign the TGNS primer stickied in this forum with your steamid as indicated. Then it should show your SM icon on the scoreboard and prevent you from being bumped by SMs.

Not sure if you *just* need your steamid in your forum profile for it to register you as a SM (eliminate bumps) on the server (albeit with a question mark), but you'll want to read the primer anyhow :).
                        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by IOOB_583 View Post
                          Hi, and thanks for offering to help support our server!

You'll notice that it has already kicked in on your forum profile...you are now marked as an SM on the forums. And you have a reserved slot. However...you havent told the server how to recognize you when you try to log on yet, so even though you have a reserved slot waiting for you, you can't actually USE it yet.

The stickied threads in the NS forums should explain everything you need to know to get the server to recognize you. If you need any further help, just ask someone.

Comment

If I was opted in before becoming an SM am I still obligated to kick the troublemakers or would I need to opt out if I wanted to continue being a not so great fade?
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

ignore this post
                              (i killed the original content because it was incorrect and would only contribute to misunderstanding)
                              Last edited by zibalatz; 03-25-2007, 07:26 PM.
                              Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X