On Democracy, and Question Marks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Democracy, and Question Marks

You've heard it all before, 'Communist mod' blah blah, while it is fun some times, ultimately it throws off the natural balance of natural selection with examples such as 4 point onos against mostly marine shotguns or LMGs, another one being that about how everyone gets everything at the same time.

While communist mod has its down sides it has its upsides as well of making games faster, for some people more enjoyable for a little while. But, we are a democracy!

I've seen the threads and countless complains, i think as a community we should decide if we'd like to keep it as the standard. By no means am i saying remove it all together, but as the proposed 'toggle' on it got alot of hostility towards even changing it, while more people said that it should be. As a Community (and Democracy) We should take a vote or find some solution to make everyone happy, i suggest just voting and discussing in this thread, posting yes if you want it or no if you want the current standing of it changed (plugin, removal ect).

No Flaming should happen, no whining but constructive talk about the plugin as many seem unhappy with the current state, my apologies if i am stepping out of line to ask for such things, but many I've talked to seem unhappy and would like to talk about it.

--------------

On a side note, the new people registering (i won't name names) are having trouble, SMs and regs alike have been checking what they did to register and instructed them several times on how to do it, while nothing was found wrong it seems that the registration is not working properly or something, at least 2-3 people have had this problem, is there a problem?

Thanks for taking the time to read such a long suggestion! Thanks

~Donat

Re: On Democracy, and Question Marks

Why can't we post a simple poll on these forums?

I am against the communism plugin. In theory it sounds nice, in practice it is not fun.

Comment

I took a once look over for a poll but either i missed it or its something that has to be done at a higher level.

Comment

I'll vote against the communism plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm View Post
          I am against the communism plugin. In theory it sounds nice, in practice it is not fun.
          Originally posted by Some Economist
          I am against communism. In theory it sounds nice, in practice it is not fun.
          I wish I could find the quote from the person who actually said that.

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
          I'll vote against the communism plugin.
          The irony is delicious.

On-topic? Uh... Sorry, the things they posted made me chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by Donat View Post
            You've heard it all before, 'Communist mod' blah blah, while it is fun some times, ultimately it throws off the natural balance of natural selection with examples such as 4 point onos against mostly marine shotguns or LMGs, another one being that about how everyone gets everything at the same time.
            Combat is inherently unbalanced (as aliens are too powerful with multiple upgrades). Also, you can still get a 4 point onos vs. just shotguns using the pity points plugin we were running previously with a late joiner.

I've seen the threads and countless complains, i think as a community we should decide if we'd like to keep it as the standard. By no means am i saying remove it all together, but as the proposed 'toggle' on it got alot of hostility towards even changing it, while more people said that it should be. As a Community (and Democracy) We should take a vote or find some solution to make everyone happy, i suggest just voting and discussing in this thread, posting yes if you want it or no if you want the current standing of it changed (plugin, removal ect).
            I would like it to stay :icon20:. Personally, I would rather see ways to improve upon it than removing it altogether. Essentially, the plugin takes away the reward for higher skill, and gives the players of less skill more of a chance to compete as the playing ground is leveled. The idea being that if they can upgrade to keep in tech with the marines\aliens, they will stay on the server longer (and help fill it up for NS), instead of getting slaughtered and standing no chance at all. Hypothetically, even if we were to remove it, I'd imagine we would want more votes against it than the current 4.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

We do have another option buried somewhere...

Comment

Well as i said in that quote, no need to remove it completely. I think most of us would just like to see a toggle vote or switch to turn it off and on (By Server Admins, GB opted in peps, so on) or something like that.

And i totally agree aero, we need more people posting their vote / opinion on this for anything to even start happening, feel free guys, post away and your take on the situation.

Comment

Well as i said in that quote, no need to remove it completely. I think most of us would just like to see a toggle vote or switch to turn it off and on (By Server Admins, GB opted in peps, so on) or something like that.

If this is an option, then certainly switching or voting it on or off would be best. Then again, if it is consistently turned off by popular opinion of the players in the game, then maybe this would just end up pissing off the players that want it and it should permanently be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                    Combat is inherently unbalanced (as aliens are too powerful with multiple upgrades). Also, you can still get a 4 point onos vs. just shotguns using the pity points plugin we were running previously with a late joiner.

I would like it to stay :icon20:. Personally, I would rather see ways to improve upon it than removing it altogether. Essentially, the plugin takes away the reward for higher skill, and gives the players of less skill more of a chance to compete as the playing ground is leveled. The idea being that if they can upgrade to keep in tech with the marines\aliens, they will stay on the server longer (and help fill it up for NS), instead of getting slaughtered and standing no chance at all. Hypothetically, even if we were to remove it, I'd imagine we would want more votes against it than the current 4.
                    aeroripper, if that was how it worked, I would have only praise for the plugin. But from personal experience, I have heard many voices complain about it, and seen 3 times where someone joined, learned about the plugin, and then left because of it. What is so wrong with vanilla combat?

My opinion stands: good theory, poor in practice.

Comment

I vote against it. I don't enjoy combat communism. I'd rather just have pity points and no buildmenu. I'm indifferent towards xmenu - I think it's fun once in a while but I don't really care if it's available or not.

Comment

I don't like it. Team communism might work.

xmenu can be fun, and so can territories.
                        LLJK-Domino in game

Comment

COCOMM is off.
                          [volun2]
                          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

But, we are a democracy!
                            Not true...this is a benevolent dictatorship! ;)

That said, the benevolent dictator seems to have heard the complaints of the people, and has acted to assuage our worries. Many thanks! :row__631:

Comment

Thank you muchly Pokerface, I'm sure it might be possible to bring it back some day as a point vote, should points ever work.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X