• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server_merge plugin

plugin name: Server Merge
    version: alpha
    command: tg_merge
    permissions: admin only
    restrictions: can only be called when total players on both servers <=16.

goal: to have one full server instead of two half-full servers.

description: tg_merge is called on server number one. on server number two a vote is displayed for all players. the vote shows the players, map, and time for server one. if 80% or more players on server 2 vote to merge, they are all sent to server one.

justification: i often see both servers populated, one with a game of 4v4 ns_ and one with a 3v3 or 3vBOTs co_ . lots of people dont constantly check the other server and just try to start small games. this would help that.

ps: tgns rules.

edit: i see 5 people on one server and 7 on the other right now.

Re: server_merge plugin

Originally posted by micr0c0sm View Post
    plugin name: Server Merge
    version: alpha
    command: tg_merge
    permissions: admin only
    restrictions: can only be called when total players on both servers <=16.

goal: to have one full server instead of two half-full servers.

description: tg_merge is called on server number one. on server number two a vote is displayed for all players. the vote shows the players, map, and time for server one. if 80% or more players on server 2 vote to merge, they are all sent to server one.

justification: i often see both servers populated, one with a game of 4v4 ns_ and one with a 3v3 or 3vBOTs co_ . lots of people dont constantly check the other server and just try to start small games. this would help that.

ps: tgns rules.

edit: i see 5 people on one server and 7 on the other right now.
    I would much rather see a cross server chat method, Idealy for sm_chat.
    Much more effecive.

Why do a vote when you can message the other server. "People on sever 1, I see that you are playing co, we have some openings here, and we are playing ns_nothing.

Note for some reason Server 2 is the ns server( with like 8 on 8 or more if slot kick breaks), and server 1 is more often playing co( with like 2 on 2 ). Any one want to explain that?
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Way to pwn my idea with something 10x simpler and much more useful.

Comment

It'ld also be fun to have a little AMX command to get a list of players on the other server, or a number of players, or a warning if @ of players drops below NS limits, ... but not really "critical" or anything.

... Is it even possible to have the two servers chatting to each other? or would you need a little proxy that they both go through?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lush View Post
          It'ld also be fun to have a little AMX command to get a list of players on the other server, or a number of players, or a warning if @ of players drops below NS limits, ... but not really "critical" or anything.

... Is it even possible to have the two servers chatting to each other? or would you need a little proxy that they both go through?
          Anything is possible. It's all a matter of how complex it is. :)

We're looking into something like the idea in the OP. More to come as it develops.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse