Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs day?

April 1st was fun.

Now that we have two servers, why not have a customs day every week, or customs weekend every month on just one of the servers.

Or allow people to votemap certain customs maps?

I wanna gauge people's interest in this.

Re: Customs day?

April fools day was fun for about an hour. then it got really really annoying.

Comment

If it was one ONE server w/e. I wouldn't participate but one server goes unused a fair amount of the time.

Comment

I thought this might be a good idea too, but hell there are other servers that run the map and only 1 time of year for TG to go insane and have a custom buildmap seige server seems like a one special time of event.

Any more would just take away from the specialness of it all.

Comment

I think this would be a good idea for regular custom ns maps. The reason the april 1st thing got old fast was that it was co and siege, neither of which are particularly enjoyable. Doing this for regular customs would give us a way to screen potential maps, and decide whether any of them are good enough to be played more regularly. Also, I need an excuse to play ns_nexus again.

Comment

well the map rotation was 8 maps big iirc, this would start out with that rotation, would strictly be one server and strictly initially votemap'd.

Comment

I say we just have some random maps on the server (not in rotation) and set a plugin that enables us to change to one of those maps if we get the full consent of everyone on the server (not just a majority like votemap). I figure if 16 people want to play a custom map, so be it. But if 9 people do and 7 dont, then forget it.

Comment

If we have a certain NS custom map (with relatively good quality) that everybody wants to play, or at least try out, post about it in here. I uploaded that trochus map to try out after it was mentioned here, and everybody hated it :P

Also I think ns_orbital_cal was added back to the main mapcycle.
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I think we were thinking more along the lines of:

*fall maps
                  *seige maps
                  co_kickball
                  territories (its working again!)

Stuff that is majorly game changing.

I think an 85% votemap would be fair, but honestly I wouldn't care as long as we got some quality custom maps - as long as they had some strategic merit.

<3 co_kickball

Comment

omg i have played kickball for like 10 hours in the past 36. That map is amazing, I could understand why TGNS wouldnt want it on their server, but I truley (sp?) enjoy that map at times, biggest downside is it requires xmenu and I don't want xmenu on the server for normal co maps.

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm View Post
                      I think we were thinking more along the lines of:

*fall maps
                      *seige maps
                      co_kickball
                      No, those were a one time deal with good reason. I wouldn't mind giving territory mod another go one of these days, though.
                      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

co_kickball was never on the server, and does NOT require xmenu, and has tactical potential.

The main point is that any of these maps would be rarely played because it would require close to full or full consensus on the server and wouldnt be in the rotation or even available for amx_map. It would allow alternatives to co_ that are (IMO) much more fun and much more server-filling.

If it fills the server with people that just want to play customs, it wont work because the regulars will switch to ns_ and besides will wont have very many customs maps anyway.

I also think that seige maps can be played tactically but most people in this community would get sick of them quick.

I forgot what fall maps were like so tactically they probably were lame and shouldn't be added.

I will try and be more specific with map requests and pros and cons for each, but I really think kickball is 10x funner than regular co_ and would fill up the server quickly if there were a small amount of people on to begin with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X