Non-NS Related Material

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-NS Related Material

Most of my friends here at TG are in the NS community. I'm not a solitary type, but I've known most of you guys for a while, and I would just rather talk to you, and hear your replies than everyone else's on the forums in General Discussion. This brings me to the conclusion that we need a board for the NS forum that's available to post Non-NS related material.

The second point is that I'm starting to get into robotics pretty big. We recently developed a line-following robot at school. Basically, a voltage comparator circuit judged voltage on 4 photoresistors that collected light from LEDs.

Since then I've been looking into bots called BEAMs. BEAM is an acronym for “Biology, Electronics, Aesthetics, and Mechanics”, which describes the major influences on BEAM robot designs. Next week is my last week at school, so a friend and I are going to create a few of these. I'm wondering if anyone else is into electronics of this degree.

Anyone?

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Non-NS Related Material

Originally posted by Yer Mom View Post
    Most of my friends here at TG are in the NS community. I'm not a solitary type, but I've known most of you guys for a while, and I would just rather talk to you, and hear your replies than everyone else's on the forums in General Discussion. This brings me to the conclusion that we need a board for the NS forum that's available to post Non-NS related material.
    Or... get out in the (rest of the) community. I guarantee you'll get a far better response in the community's general discussion than here.

(I know jack about robotics, btw)
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Yer Mom, I'm studying mechanical engineering with my focus in mechatronics, I do a lot of stuff with motion and position control. Working with lam research doing automatic controls in semiconductor fab equipment. That BEAM subject sounds pretty cool, got any good links on it?

Comment

Actually, very few. I've got a lot of schematics, but not a lot of ideas for newer models. http://www.smfr.org/robots/ That's the best site I've found so far.

-Mom
        Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

nice lil robot thingies there.
          :|

Can you make one that will clean my apartment?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X