Most failed full team cloak rush [video]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most failed full team cloak rush [video]

This was taken back in beta2 at the end of January. I was saving it for a promo movie I was going to make, but I need a better computer so I can get much clearer sound in the recording :D. So that won't be for a while, so I said "oh well", and figured you guys would get a kick out of it anyways. My apologies for the choppy voicecomms, and the video is a little behind towards the end.

This was a captain's game on ns_prometheus, and we were losing pretty badly, so the team was rallied to the hive to try a cloak rush on marine start hoping to take it out. The entire team was pretty much invisible all the way from our hive to MS, walking. Unfortunately, as soon as we de-cloaked when nearing marine start, ferris must have seen us coming a mile away and beaconed as soon as we got in. The base was heavily mined and I think he must have seen us coming, but it was some great teamwork even if it failed horribly:P. At least we got one of the two observatories! I guess that's a lesson learned to scout ahead before trying this. Anyways, enjoy:

[media]http://www.tacticalsites.com/~aeroripper/cloakrush.wmv[/media]

Direct Link:

http://www.tacticalsites.com/~aeroripper/cloakrush.wmv
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Most failed full team cloak rush [video]

It seems like I've seen that before. I wonder if I watched that live. Regardless, that was fun to watch just now. Thanks for sharing.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Heh, i remember that game too. Truth be told, I didnt see you until you were right outside ms, and then I whacked my beacon key as fast as I could. If I recall correctly, by that point, we had all of the res nodes on the map save 2 locked up and electrified and I had a ninja phase gate being built outside your last hive. It was a fun game, boosted my confidence in my ability to comm! (yes, laugh at me now please) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
        It seems like I've seen that before. I wonder if I watched that live. Regardless, that was fun to watch just now. Thanks for sharing.
        You were in it wyz.
        Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Oh.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Is the audio bad for anyone else because it seems like every video i see on here i have terrible audio

Comment

Nope, that's just my awful computer chopping while recording. Ferris said he planned to send me his quad core out of pity :P
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                Nope, that's just my awful computer chopping while recording. Ferris said he planned to send me his quad core out of pity :P
                As soon as you find me that winning lottery ticket, its all yours!

Comment

Gg

Comment

Best cloak rush was the captains game on ns_origin where the aliens decided to cloak rush and the marines decided to shotty rush. We passed eachother in transit and both the hive and the CC went down in seconds. Victory was determined by a last-man-standing deathmatch across the map, though I don't remember who won.

Comment

wish iw as there :(
                      Natural Selection name: Fodderkill. Why Fodderkill? Well, its because im so easy to kill hahaha!
                      "Why don't Fades ever die?"
                      -Universal question almost all new players ask at some point, even if they n ever say it.

Forum name: Fat B Man
                      Ingame name: Fodderkill

Just call me Fodder on TS or whatever

Comment

lol that was awesome.

|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse