Game Development Blog Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Development Blog Update

There are some interesting images on the blog. Very nice looking.

http://www.unknownworlds.com/blog/
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Re: Game Development Blog Update

1, 12, 26, 28, 29 are the best-looking guns in my opinion. Considering these are supposed to be readily space-faring marines, You would imagine that there have been changes in the appearance of weaponry (not even accounting for new forms of weaponry...). Agreed that some guns have very little change even after 100 years of time, but still, this is at least 200 years in the future (this is under the estimate that since a number of these places are remote stations having access to high-powered weaponry...a remote station needing access to high-powered weaponry implies pirates/outlaws which implies space travel is a commercial business which implies massive improvements over our space-faring capabilities, etc.).

Sigh, stinkin' monkeys are STILL chucking rocks at the monsters (bullets are just a fast rock)...hopefully that'll be changed :).

Comment

Gotta say, I don't like any of Flarignuggen's picks at all. I don't think the sleek sci-fi look is appropriate for NS - the marines have always been more about the gritty imagery, so their gear shouldn't be too fancy IMHO. I also don't like the ones that pretty much look like modern day guns, because this is still a long ways in the future.

I sort of like the looks of #21. But it's hard to say without any depth.

Comment

Well, I was also looking at the picks that seemed like the most...convenient to store and ship en masse and were the least reminiscient of (our time) modern weaponry.

Gah, missed #21. Looks good and even fits my predilection of adornments...

Course, it would always be spiffy to start with a simple base gun that itself becomes upgraded with attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek View Post
          I don't think the sleek sci-fi look is appropriate for NS
          Indeed. One of my favorite aspects of NS is the rough hand drawn look much of the textures have.

Too many games have that look as if everything has been polished and hosed down with baby oil.
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
            Too many games have that look as if everything has been polished and hosed down with baby oil.
            Whats wrong with being polished and hosed down with baby oil... much like my manly physique. WORSHIP ME AS A GOD!
            USAR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X