Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can no longer play NS on any servers but TG.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can no longer play NS on any servers but TG.

After playing on TG with real, competitive gamers who know what they're doing, I just can't force myself to play on any other server. I tried playing on IAM and BAD today and found the experience to not be worth it. Comms who don't drop medpacs to marines who can AIM, aliens who spam OC's when you have no chambers, bad fades that die in five seconds and waste the team's res, bad comms who go weapons 3 before getting armor 1... 15 v 15... It's like going from major league baseball back to t-ball.

And admins get much worse. Random bans for "hacking" "rate hacking" etc etc..

NS is a game, I think, that can either suck or be awesome depending on the server you're on. On TG, it's awesome. Most other places, it sucks.

So thank you, TG.

Re: I can no longer play NS on any servers but TG.

Glad you like it dude. I've seen you on the server quite a few times, glad to see you made it to the forums and are participating in the tourney.

The reasons you described for not playing on other servers are the reason TG was created and why we have almost 15000 registered users on the forums. People want a place where they can play and not fear abusive admins or lack of teamplay. Granted, there are people here who suck (if you dont believe me, watch ME next time we're both on the server, you'll see a marine who cant aim for sure.) but we all still play as a team and have fantastic games.

But as you pointed out, it's the server and the people that make a difference. We strive for the best and thats what we try to bring to everyone that comes in.

Once again, welcome aboard man.

Comment

I just like that everyone genuinely tries to work together and communicate with each other (probably because we all respect each other). Everything else follows (including: skills, strategy).

Comment

*gush*

It makes me all mushy when I hear good stuff like this!
        sigpic

Comment

Our regulars really make the server the good experience it is, along with our general community philosophy. I haven't been able to really play anywhere else since I started playing here over a year ago.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

In the little time I've played on TG, I've seen the same results NSismylife has. Playing on other servers just seems lacking.
            "All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies."

Comment

Yeah, thanks for welcoming me. When I first came to TG several weeks ago, all I could think was "Man, this is how pub NS *should* be played."

And actually, I think playing on TG over the past 6-7 weeks has improved my NS play more than the previous 2 years I had played on other servers.

Comment

See, I'd like to think that playing here has improved my skill level, but it's just not true. Every freaking time I turn around anymore, chop has his fade arm about 4 feet up my rear before I can fire 3 bullets. I swear to god he stalks me when hes fade.

Comment

You're the only person I can kill :P

TG rocks, soooo much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    People want a place where they can play and not fear abusive admins or lack of teamplay.
                    TG is a good server, but the admins there are infact quite abusive(atleast they were when i played there), even moreso than other public admins like BAD or IAM. On TG, I found myself being banned numerous times for rediculous reasons, until eventually I was banned for good.

Just my 2 cents. I hope enough of you can read this to realise what im saying before the gestapo erases this post.
                    Edit: font increased to counter the expectation that the post would be deleted. -- Wyz

Comment

Tactical Gamer has really spoiled me. I can't play Battlefield 2 or Natural Selection on any other servers. Kind of sucks when they're full, but yeah, it's a whole different experience here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tours View Post
                        TG is a good server, but the admins there are infact quite abusive(atleast they were when i played there), even moreso than other public admins like BAD or IAM. On TG, I found myself being banned numerous times for rediculous reasons, until eventually I was banned for good.

Just my 2 cents. I hope enough of you can read this to realise what im saying before the gestapo erases this post.
                        Edit: font increased to counter the expectation that the post would be deleted. -- Wyz
                        lawl
                        aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by Tours View Post

Wyz abusively put a megaphone in front of the dude.
                          Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

rather than making a joke out of this, dont you think you should be trying to find out what it is that made me feel like this to prevent losing further TG members?

Comment

Seriously, how immature was that?

Instead of asking 'why do YOU think you got banned' instead an admin bolds the text and accomplishes nothing?

Come on! TG was founded on community, and lately I have been seeing too many actions that are not cultivating a community but rather just dropping the hammer down on everyone. I have heard this kind of bureaucracy has been common in other TG games, but its usually due to the sheer size of the game that allowed that while still having a huge amount of players.

NS doesn't have the huge player pool, and people are honestly explaining how they feel, and TG admins are just (from my perception) being mean. I have never seen this in the past and we cannot afford to act like this in the future.

What crawled up everyone's butt?

p.s. to tours, I know you can't outline ban reasons because then admins think you are trying to ban-appeal in the public forum and then lock the thread, but maybe if you could post some specifics before hand an admin would have tried to explain things. Maybe not but if you 'know' how things are run here it would have been a wise thing to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X