Seed Credits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seed Credits

Please do ask questions, but only after youíve read all of this and all of whatís provided in the link towards the bottom of this.

Itís common knowledge that the greatest benefit for Supporting Members is being able to join the server when itís full of regulars. So, any modification to players which makes the server full of regulars happen more often is a service to our SMs.

And so we have created a program which rewards non-SMs who perform this service for our SMs. This program is called Seed Credits, and it enables players to later join full servers when they take the time now to seed an empty one.

The program is low on details, by design. The idea is simple: join a server when itís empty (or near empty). If people join after you do, enough so that weíve got enough people to play NS, then the server recognizes your effort to seed the empty server and rewards you with a Seed Credit. Again, the program is low on details by design, but circumstances which prevent the NS mapchange donít necessarily mean your efforts were wasted. The server remembers these credits, which you can later use, on either server, to join a server when it's full (minutes later, hours later, days later, months later -- they do not expire).

For a bit more explanation, including how to see how many Seed Credits you have (the plugin's operation on the server is transparent), visit http://tacticalgamer.com/ns. Some of you already have credits; the code's been running on the server for days now.

Many thanks to our regulars who turn empty servers into warm, welcoming games we all so much enjoy.

P.S. This is new. PM me with (or post here about) any glitches you observe in it.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Seed Credits

Many thanks to Wyz for this work of art.

It's our hope that this will help entice non-SMs to seed the inactive server. The theory is that if you do and are successful, you get a good game of NS on that server. If you're not successful, you'll still be able to get a good game of NS on the full server for your efforts.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Major props guys. You're really quite good at skimming our vocalizations and complaints and coming up with great solutions without any pomp or flair. A+ job on this, really. It completes the change from points to not points, and does a much better job imo.

Comment

Great idea, I'm sure everybody will be really happy with this solution. Let's hope it's not too buggy?

Comment

This is neat, will do.

Comment

So - just to be clear - one Seed Credit debit per forced server join into a full server?

Second question: the writeup here (http://tacticalgamer.com/ns) says that a forced Seed Credit join kicks a non-share-'gb' player to make room. Does a forced Seed Crdit kick a share-'gb' player if there are no non-share-'gb' players?
            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Yes. One debit per successful connection.

The connection attempt will fail if no non-gb players exist.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

YARR! says the pirate. GJ to the Big Dogs who made this possible!

Comment

Man... i would have a good 50 credits saved up by now if this were earlier

Comment

sounds like a great idea... im always down for getting this great server going. Just out of curiosity though, why is it "low on details by design"? Ill just assume its to prevent abuse.

Comment

that sounds like a solid reason lochness :D

Comment

That's part of it, but it's also to just keep things simple. The algorithm I'm using today might not give us the results we want. So, by keeping the details close to the vest, we can change them later without anyone else having to know (or care).

Comment

Is there any particular reason that this only works for people who have opted in to GB?

Comment

Sure. Think of access to this incentive as a perk that comes along with taking (non-monetary) ownership of what we're trying to do here.

Comment

I am not sure they are working. I tried to use one to bump a ? mark on the server when it was full and it just kept putting me on HLTV, i'm sure i have it to the right steam ID, why it wouldn't kick a ? i'm unsure....

Any reason it might not be working? I used connected (IP) just like normal

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X