Family

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family

I was having a discussion a mere 10 minutes ago with a friend of mine who recently decided to visit Southern California. She's working on deciding if she wants to live there or not, and was sort've asking me for advice. I told her she needed to be where she's happy, but she needed to know the difference in being happy and having fun. I went on to say that for most people family makes you happy.

The next thought that hit my brain struck me as odd, but comforting. I said to her that I knew that I could be happy anywhere that I had the net because my family is at http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...al-discussion/

I don't think I've ever said anything as honest. My family at home makes me happy, but I don't share the time with them that I share with you guys. I just have to say thanks to you guys. I've done most of my growing up here, be it with you NS folks or the CSS people. Either way the morals, standards, and plain behavioral expectations I've learned from this community has crafted me as the man I am proud to be today.

Carry on, TG!

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Family

I think i'm going to cry. Well, maybe not cry, but at least applaud mom for making this statement. I feel the same way. The last 6 months or so has been really rough for me. I've been working on my doctorate nonstop which has drained me mentally and in november, my fiance of 4 years decided she wanted someone with money over someone she loved and left me, which took a huge emotional toll on me.

It's been a rocky road for me to climb out of all that black that I had going on, but this community was always someplace that I knew I could count on for friendly people and a good time. No matter how bad I felt, spending even 5 minutes around the people from TG made me feel better. I laughed when I didnt think it was possible to laugh anymore. You guys really helped my personal healing process and I thank all of you for that.

I've known ever since my first day at TG that this was somewhere I'd like to call home and ever since, I have been proud to do just that. May our journey continue and be just as fruitful and fun as it has been so far. Heres to many more years of fun with all of you!

Comment

You're still nub okay?

Comment

Radix: the redheadded stepchild of TG. :D

Comment

I would have to agree with these statements. NS was kind of my getaway from my life. I've had a rough last 18 months and this place was my sanctuary where nothing really got me down. Hence why I miss it already. I got in a pretty bad car accident with a bunch of friends in the car and my best friend almost died. Long story short you guys kept me smiling, and gave me something to look forward to. Thanks to all of you.

Comment

All awesome comments and I think just about everyone from TG can say something to this extent. Thats what makes TG such a great community and enjoyable to play. Props to you guys for stepping up to say something!

Comment

To yarmo, I'm probably the annoying brother...
              I don't know if I'm older or younger, but I'm totally annoying. :D

It is a pretty awesome community, and I feel I owe it a great deal. I really feel that playing here over the summer so much helped me grow as a leader, and I really got to test out this term in my class as the Project Leader of a 12 man software development team. :)

(Maybe I don't owe it so much anymore since I'm a SM and all :P)
              remi.D

Comment

maybe you would be less annoying if you played more :-p

or at least we would get used to it :D

Comment

I consider micr0c0sm to be my funny-looking cousin.
                  (Hey if ripping on me is part of the tournament rules, I get to dish it out too)

Threads like this are always welcome. Speaking as the head of the admin group, it helps reassure us that we must be doing SOMETHING right.
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

heh, that means I am step-uncle to those adorable kids!

"Sit down and let me tell you about the time i knifed the poker-fade..."

Comment

This place is my escape. Sometimes anyway.

Comment

I must confess that I'd never saw this before in any other forum. It's quite touching Mom. :*

Ferris: now you need to start to think that woman is just a vagina with some meat around it, or even better, vagina is damn good, too shame it comes with a woman. I'm kind of getting divorced myself and it sucks. A lot of crazy thoughts/emotions come and go and the way I can get rid of them is been around TG and playing some fun NS game.

A real re-hab :)
                        ambriento /O>

Comment

Originally posted by ambriento View Post
                          I must confess that I'd never saw this before in any other forum. It's quite touching Mom. :*

Ferris: now you need to start to think that woman is just a vagina with some meat around it, or even better, vagina is damn good, too shame it comes with a woman. I'm kind of getting divorced myself and it sucks. A lot of crazy thoughts/emotions come and go and the way I can get rid of them is been around TG and playing some fun NS game.

A real re-hab :)

I'm sorry to hear about your divorce, but you'll always be my first-lady! And might I add that not only does my vagina come with a woman, but with a woman with brains as well :)

And Mom is right, this place became a second family to me. I have forged many out of game friendships and these people are invaluable to me.
                          --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Now you just need to drag yourself out of WOW to play some NS on occasion woman!

Comment

I can't help myself... It's so pretty.
                              --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X