[ The Gauntlet ] Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ The Gauntlet ] Discussion Thread

Post your comments on how the tournament is being run, ideas, things you can donate (Servers). No trash talking or garbage here. A separate thread will be up if a team wants to schedule playing another team.

Re: [ The Gauntlet ] Discussion Thread

If these matches are being played on a tg server does that mean they will have the HLTV as well? If it does perhaps the delay on it should be increased to prevent some mischievous use of it.

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm View Post
      Post your comments on how the tournament is being run, ideas, things you can donate (Servers). No trash talking or garbage here. A separate thread will be up if a team wants to schedule playing another team.

how can we make comments about how the tournament is being run with no trash taling allowed ?
      :P

Comment

Originally posted by MacBauer View Post
        If these matches are being played on a tg server does that mean they will have the HLTV as well? If it does perhaps the delay on it should be increased to prevent some mischievous use of it.
        I don't know anyone (at least i don't think) who would do that.

Anyway, are we dead set on Sunday night matches? I mean i have to get up and go places on Mondays and i know some of ya gotta have work to go to, is it possibly to do it Saturday so we can sleep late Sunday to catch up on sleep? or perhaps Friday nights?

Comment

Are we using the normal HL teamspeak or some kind of third party program?

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tempest
            What's wrong and immature?

Headroller's comment, unless it wasn't sarcastic which is what is sounded like since he is on a different team, but I might be mistaken.
            Never seen someone get so mad at someone for making fun of themselves sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder or something....

I was merely stating That from the looks of the teams if the Draft was 1234554321 which i believe it was it would mean I was picked second to last. Maybe Im wrong.....but im probably right mainly because Im trash at NS.

But If you really wanna get mad cause I made fun of myself hey go for it. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.....I really have no idea how you could take offense though.

But anyway cant wait for the Tourney should be fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by NSismylife
              Are we using the normal HL teamspeak or some kind of third party program?
              Teams are required to use in game voice (a decision made last night). Since HLTV will be playing it allows observers to better follow what is going on and learn more from watching. It also allows the referee to better follow the game as well.

Originally posted by MacBauer
              This is TG. Most of us know every player in this tournament and at some level are friends with everyone here. There is nothing to be gained by winning in this tournament. This tourney was made to help some newer players learn more about NS and for the hardcore regs to play in some more intense games. No one will be cheating because no one has a reason to cheat. There will be no delay on the HLTV because the admins have enough to do helping run this tourney as is.

Originally posted by Donat
              ... are we dead set on Sunday night matches? ... is it possibly to do it Saturday so we can sleep late Sunday to catch up on sleep? or perhaps Friday nights?
              If your team is okay with it and the team you're playing is okay with it, you can re-schedule your match for another time (remember to notify your assigned referee and micr0 or myself); however this may be difficult to arrange. The matches aren't scheduled that late on Sundays (from 7 to 10 EST) and shouldn't run more than an hour and a half. In other words Donat, you should be able to get to bed before mommy kicks you off the computer :).

Originally posted by Dead_Meat
              how can we make comments about how the tournament is being run with no trash taling allowed ?
              Feel free to discuss any issues you have with the tournament here, just avoid personal attacks and insults. Except towards micr0. He's fat.

Headroller: The topic was locked.

Comment

Its fine Micro misread what I wrote all is good

Comment

ok, well i just gotta say, that I joined this tourney because playing with a team that is co-ordinated, and united under a common goal really makes me happy. It doesn't matter that I'm not so good at NS, because i still try to do my part to the best of my abilities. I suppose what really got me back into NS is probably the fact that I can have fun doing two things i love: working as a group, and playing video games with people that don't judge based on skill level.
                  Natural Selection name: Fodderkill. Why Fodderkill? Well, its because im so easy to kill hahaha!
                  "Why don't Fades ever die?"
                  -Universal question almost all new players ask at some point, even if they n ever say it.

Forum name: Fat B Man
                  Ingame name: Fodderkill

Just call me Fodder on TS or whatever

Comment

teamwork is a lot more valuable than individual skill in organized play

Comment

All the teams are stacked anyway.

Comment

i think the rosters are locked, so i'm not sure if this post is in vain, but.....

i was out of town during the setting up / drafting for this tournament. if people drop out or a team needs a sub, i'm available. contact me at [email protected] if so.

not sure if this is against the rules or whatever, i'm just throwing it out there.

thanks,
                        -flip.

Comment

No problem on being a sub :D

Comment

Originally posted by ChopStick View Post

If your team is okay with it and the team you're playing is okay with it, you can re-schedule your match for another time (remember to notify your assigned referee and micr0 or myself); however this may be difficult to arrange. The matches aren't scheduled that late on Sundays (from 7 to 10 EST) and shouldn't run more than an hour and a half. In other words Donat, you should be able to get to bed before mommy kicks you off the computer :).

Headroller: The topic was locked.
                            I'm sorry, some of us actualy have places to GO on mondays, chiller is one of them. As i said as long as they don't run to like, 2-3AM its fine, but i know good TG matches can take ages.

Comment

I can't see a match going later than 11:30 EST. But I'll remind micr0 to try and put your team early in the schedule.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X