Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird pm from ns.org..

anybody else get this?

Hey there This message concerns the recent increase in administrator misconduct on the forums. I'm sending this message to users individually rather than posting it, because admins have deleted the last five posts I've made and permanently banned my IP address each time. This treatment is by no means unique, and it has lead me and others to actively respond.

Today marks the grand opening of the Natural Selection Forum Reform Movement, which is a parallel forum intent on pressuring NS.org to decrease censorship by admins and make administrator accountable to the community. We disagree with the philosophy of Nemesis Zero, the head forum admin, who has said, "The community has no say in the rules, aside from whether it wants to frequent our boards or not." We believe that the purpose of a Natural Selection community forum should be to serve the Natural Selection players. It should respond according to the desires of the community, not the desires of a handful of power hungry admins.

Here is our official mission statement:

This site is dedicated to strengthening the NS community by enhancing its ability to communicate without obstacle. We intend to do this in two ways:

1) We will help protect against administrator abuse and establish administrator accountability on http://natural-selection.org/forums/ by acting as a watchdog on all administrator actions. When an administrator edits a post, deletes a post, locks a thread, deletes a thread, temp bans a user, or permanently bans a user, it may be reported here in the "NS.org Forum Moderator Actions" section. Users will then have an opportunity to vote on whether the action was objectionable and explain why.

2) We will help improve freedom of speech for the NS.org forum by acting as a safehouse for both posts that have been subjected to moderator misconduct on the NS.org forums and posts which the poster wants to protect from such misconduct. Post any such messages in the "Open Discussion" section.

So, if you'd like to participate or just check it out, head on over to:

http://nsforumreform.proboards21.com/

You can view and create posts as a guest, however we encourage everybody to register an account if they plan on staying.

Thank you for your time,
    scoter-blue
    Should I forward this to the mods of ns.org or just ignore it?

Re: weird pm from ns.org..

Originally posted by _Ender_
    anybody else get this?

Should I forward this to the mods of ns.org or just ignore it?

Jesus. I didn't even read that, but I'm familiar with the circus it advertises. Forward that to NS.org staff with respects. Be brief and don't offer your opinion about the matter. They've got enough opinions.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Abusive admins? Welcome to the Internet. Not that I have any clue if this is true or not, but first ammendment rights do not apply to a private forum. You can register your disgust by not buying the product, but considering NS is free.....

Comment

They're pretty much right on, they just don't have good examples in the fourm they linked to. The NS.org forums are a joke among experienced clan players because of the huge amount of worthless posts that are tolerated by the admins, yet great posts are locked, deleted or edited. I've heard many tales from the vets about the vet forum, and that pretty much turned me off from the forums right away. If you take the time to research, you'll notice I only recently signed up (I needed constie access) and have 2 posts. Wow. It seems like most of the mods are old school that just never went away. GG being out of touch with the game.

Comment

I've been a member for a 17 months and have 4 posts...

Comment

If they're "right on", I'm sure their "secret" forums will quickly suck the life out of ns.org ...

Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

sarcasm noted wyz :P

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
                They're pretty much right on, they just don't have good examples in the fourm they linked to. The NS.org forums are a joke among experienced clan players because of the huge amount of worthless posts that are tolerated by the admins, yet great posts are locked, deleted or edited. I've heard many tales from the vets about the vet forum, and that pretty much turned me off from the forums right away. If you take the time to research, you'll notice I only recently signed up (I needed constie access) and have 2 posts. Wow. It seems like most of the mods are old school that just never went away. GG being out of touch with the game.
                This could be because the forum admins actually read the vets post and dont even bother reading the pub spam. I havent noticed anything.

Comment

Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                    This could be because the forum admins actually read the vets post and dont even bother reading the pub spam. I havent noticed anything.
                    Are you kidding me? The vet-forums are probably the worst of all. So many people are vets that shouldn't be, and that's why the vet program was terminated. I'm not even sure if the vet-forums exist anymore, the only time I looked at them was when a friend gave me his access.

Consty means more than vet now.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMore.
                      Are you kidding me? The vet-forums are probably the worst of all. So many people are vets that shouldn't be, and that's why the vet program was terminated. I'm not even sure if the vet-forums exist anymore, the only time I looked at them was when a friend gave me his access.

Consty means more than vet now.
                      your prob right, I never seen them and from what i have seen only about 1/2 of the vets actually play the game they way it was ment. TG motto.

Comment

I wish the vet program had stayed closed and meant something. Apparently back in the day vet status meant you knew what the hell you were doing. I see too many crappy vets that I play better than, and know the game better than. They just wanted the leet icon and got it, then did nothing that the icon entitles.

Comment

and no, the forum was eliminated.

Comment

lol i have One post on the official forms. i was trying to get them to add the half life "Barnicles" to the gorgs array of towers he can build. but i dont think they will ever do it cause its copyrighted.

4 and 3 and 2 and 1 when im on the mic the suckas run.

Comment

Originally posted by MatDL
                              lol i have One post on the official forms. i was trying to get them to add the half life "Barnicles" to the gorgs array of towers he can build. but i dont think they will ever do it cause its copyrighted.

that would be crazy, mostly if they were cloaked.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X