NS binds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS binds

Hey, does anyone have a list of all the vanilla NS binds, specifically the commander stuff? I'm not sure if it's as nice as I think it is, but I'd assume there are buttons to select individual structures and the like, and it would be really useful for me to learn to command. :P Thanks.

Re: NS binds

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking for but here are all the binds for commander asaik:

Console command (default key)

+duck(ctrl) + slot1-5(#1-5) --- Binds the selected item (marines or structures) to the selected #. Pressing the # will select the binded object. This is typically best used with base structures (I use 1 for 2nd obs, 2 for proto, 3 for armory, 4 AL, 5 base obs) since it a) allows you to select them and upgrade quickly without scrolling back to base and b) allows you to see when they are under attack as once they are bound to a key, a little portrait will display at the top of your screen and flash red when under attack (this is good because the "Your base is under attack" sound doesn't ALWAYS play, or you miss it)

(qwerasdfzxcv) --- These are your commander hotkeys. I only have the default keys here because I don't know the console commands for them, but I believe you can change them through Options -> Keyboard -> Advanced. These are your bread and butter hotkeys. They allow you to quickly get upgrades, quickly switch from dropping meds to shotguns and are essential to know. They manipulate that menu in the bottom right of your screen. I never ever have to click on that menu. Here's how they work: The top row on the menu or qwer will always be structures (q), advanced structures (w), assist (e) and equipment (r). Once one of those options is selected other options open up on the second row (asdf) and the third row (zxcv). From there it's just pure memorization and finger memory. Since each position on the menu will always be the same key, you can just look at it be like, "Oy, armor one is z!".

impulse 105 (L) --- Selects all marines. These is handy for issuing a general order like, "Move to the way point guys."

I don't know if the following have defaults, but you can bind them through the options menu or by entering: bind <key> "command" in console

impulse 123 --- Go to order request. This makes it so you don't have to click the little icons that pop up on the mid left side of the screen every times someone calls for orders. Very handy.
    impulse 124 --- Go to ammo request.
    impulse 125 --- Go to medpack request.

That's all I can think of for now....

Comment

Best bet to improve your comming is to create your own LAN listen server, and practice getting fast with all the hotkeys (especially meds\ammo), and dropping structures. Do this for a while and you'll notice your reaction speed go up dramatically.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

http://nsdojo.net/fparticle.php?cat=3

check out routerbox's commanding guide.

Comment

to the best of my knowlegde, the commander command don't have console commands, they are a hack implemented by the ns dev team because the vgui system in half life 1 sucks :-(

You can't bind keys to structures, ammo or meds etc. The cheesy keyboard short cuts they give you are the best you can do. You can't even script in the functionality because their are no console commands. The only way to automate it would be a macro execute by a third party program.

Comment

You can rebind the hotkeys if you like. Either with the in-game menu or with:
            Code:
            cl_cmhotkeys "qwerasdfzxcv"
            The keys are assigned top to bottom, left to right, on the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopStick View Post
              I'm not 100% sure what you are asking for but here are all the binds for commander asaik:

Console command (default key)

+duck(ctrl) + slot1-5(#1-5) --- Binds the selected item (marines or structures) to the selected #. Pressing the # will select the binded object. This is typically best used with base structures (I use 1 for 2nd obs, 2 for proto, 3 for armory, 4 AL, 5 base obs) since it a) allows you to select them and upgrade quickly without scrolling back to base and b) allows you to see when they are under attack as once they are bound to a key, a little portrait will display at the top of your screen and flash red when under attack (this is good because the "Your base is under attack" sound doesn't ALWAYS play, or you miss it)

(qwerasdfzxcv) --- These are your commander hotkeys. I only have the default keys here because I don't know the console commands for them, but I believe you can change them through Options -> Keyboard -> Advanced. These are your bread and butter hotkeys. They allow you to quickly get upgrades, quickly switch from dropping meds to shotguns and are essential to know. They manipulate that menu in the bottom right of your screen. I never ever have to click on that menu. Here's how they work: The top row on the menu or qwer will always be structures (q), advanced structures (w), assist (e) and equipment (r). Once one of those options is selected other options open up on the second row (asdf) and the third row (zxcv). From there it's just pure memorization and finger memory. Since each position on the menu will always be the same key, you can just look at it be like, "Oy, armor one is z!".

impulse 105 (L) --- Selects all marines. These is handy for issuing a general order like, "Move to the way point guys."

I don't know if the following have defaults, but you can bind them through the options menu or by entering: bind <key> "command" in console

impulse 123 --- Go to order request. This makes it so you don't have to click the little icons that pop up on the mid left side of the screen every times someone calls for orders. Very handy.
              impulse 124 --- Go to ammo request.
              impulse 125 --- Go to medpack request.

That's all I can think of for now....

you can bind the ammo/med/order goto's in options -> controls. i think the default order is 'jump'. not sure on the others.
              ORGANBiTER | $_COOKIE['monster'] | UBiQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X