Steam Problem (so what else is new)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Problem (so what else is new)

When I try to join a game from within steam, it tries updating half life and gives me an error (The game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time).

It has been giving me that message since yesterday (I haven't played ns this week and tried yesterday). Is there a solution to this, or is this a problem on steams side. Is there possibly a way to manually update this. I tried rebooting and restarting steam.

Thanks.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Re: Steam Problem (so what else is new)

Seems I got it to work. My windows date was not correct. I set it to the correct date and the half life update downloaded.

Maybe the updater checks the current date on your computer with the date of the latest update (which would not be very bright). Anyway, it seemed to do the job. **swears at steam**

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

lmao @ Steam

If that's how it determines updates, that's hilarious.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I wish i could have seen this sooner. I made a post about this about 3-4 days ago on the steam help problem :)

Same thing had happened to me. I then found the solution and posted it :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          lmao @ Steam

If that's how it determines updates, that's hilarious.
          How do you think Windows Update works?

Speaking of Steam problems, with the new update my NS locks up constantly just like it did back in the day. Fan-Tastic! Maybe I should set my date back to 1998 so Steam thinks it doesn't exist and un-installs itself... could work..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X