Tournament Communication

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Communication

ok seriously this shouldnt need its own thread, i dont know if every team is having this problem but mine is and im not dealing with it anymore

everyone in the tournament should have mirc and should be idling the channel #thegauntlet. Im not going to get on 10 different programs to msg 10 different people. im posting this because im sure other teams are having the same problem, also, players need to take some initiative to find their captain too, im personally not going to try to contact you every day.

Re: Tournament Communication

This is a good idea.

Comment

Our team (ETA) has its own IRC channel for our internal communications. Is there any particular reason we should be watching the general channel as well?

Comment

there's no harm in idling another channel, but if your team has its own channel than you're a lot more organized than ours

Comment

idling the general channel helps set up scrims and reschedules between teams and in general is a good thing for discussing the tournament and helping to forge a tighter community. At the very least it helps promote casual banter between participants.

Comment

There is absolutely no reason NOT to be in at least #thegauntlet. it takes 5-10 minutes to do even if you don't have irc yet, takes up practically no hardware capacity, and saves everyone a world of trouble.

Comment

For the truly lazy/incapable of installing software:
              http://www.ircatwork.com

It times out occasionally - make sure every once in a while that it's still loading.

Comment

My applogies to my team, i had something to do sunday night that i couldn't get out of and didn't want to get out of. Hopefully i can make it to the rest of them. Couldn't tell you myself chiller due to you weren't on while i was there, hehe.

Comment

I idle as much as possible on #thegauntlet but sometimes I don't see any of my teammates there, except for Aggamenon, but even then I don't get any coommunication done. The only members in my team I've talked to so far is Aggamenon and Tal. I really do hope we can organise some sort of meeting together somehow.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X