Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mute slot-kick plugin

Ok,

I was just slot-kicked for having someone muted. Now not having people muted is fine.

However, I had no idea I had anyone muted.

There should be some text message with several warnings before you are slot-kicked.

Otherwise, I totally disagree with how this plugin is implemented.

Re: mute slot-kick plugin

There actually is a text that appears letting you know. It just works 10% of the time =\

Comment

If only more admin control of mic-spam was included with this plugin...
      Rm 14:2 NIV
      One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

^^ if that ever happens I feel sorry for yermo...
        aka Roland tHTG

Comment

why not just force voice?

I was in a server where Wyz was working on that capability. It appeared to work fine.

Getting auto kicked for mute is too much, especially when in the middle of the game and you accidentally mute somebody during the button mashing. It's already happened to me once. I didn't see any text warnings either. A big center screen text message would be a good warning.

Comment

I watched a comm get kicked for having some one muting while not having / not relizeing or getting warned about it... i never heard of the plugin before today, while i can see how it would work i don't know if it will if it is on accident, needs more advanced warning afaik.

Comment

To be clear, this plugin has nothing to do with slots.

There is a text message that appears on the screen of the muter every 15 seconds for a minute and a half until he's finally kicked. The message includes the name of the muted player, as well as warning that the mute will eventually result in removal.

I'm generally quite opposed to text in the middle of the screen, but I'm moreso opposed to people being kicked automatically without warning (give rare exceptions). I'll make the warning text more obnoxious. I don't mind breaking my typical avoidance of that, as people really shouldn't have folks muted. I know HL mutes folks "randomly", but the text will only last as long as the mute.

The "more admin control of mic spam" will start from the players. When we can't mute anymore the players who are regularly out of line on the voicecomm, the admins will be able to tell ("hear") which players regularly offend several of their peers.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss View Post
                why not just force voice?
                What is this, if not forcing voice?
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

i really disagree with this plugin, seriously half of the games there is someone who is not breaking any rules but really, really annoying...

Comment

Don't anyone be offended when I ignore what you think of the plugin. My only concern is tweaking how it performs.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
                      i really disagree with this plugin, seriously half of the games there is someone who is not breaking any rules but really, really annoying...
                      Muting another player is an offense worthy of administrative action. Merely being annoying is not.

Annoyance to the point of distraction and/or disrespect is worthy of administrative action, but we've yet to find a way to automate that process. If we do, believe me, it'll get installed too.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I think it should be a bug that listens to the tone of voice so when Mom starts jabbarjawing, it would kick him due to the annoyance of his voice.

<3 you mom

Comment

There's a problem with the plugin. I was playing friday night and it kept telling me to unmute someone or get kicked, but I never had him muted in the first place! I tried muting and unmuting him to no avail. In the end i got kicked after a while and got fed-up and left after rejoining for a bit.

Comment

I remember the 'please use c-d here' worked damn well. How about stealing the code from that plugin, and I will re-record it to 'please unmute players here' . The message should be changed on the right side of the screen (like in captains) that will show 'You have ___ muted. Fix or be kicked'

Comment

I don't have any remedy at the moment for the people being kicked who don't have anyone muted. I need to be able to reproduce that bug. As it stands, those claims are drowned in the claims of "oh, yeah, I did have him muted.. sorry about that."

When you're kicked without having anyone muted, is it always the case that the muter or muted has just joined a (shared or not) team?

The "please use cd here" was done with the console command 'speak', which only allows for certain words (see Google). If someone wants to come up with a phrase that we like (Vinzalf came up with our last one), I can use it.

Last night, I added red text to the screen when you mute someone. Is it working? Yes, kicks are re-enabled, but you can unmute the guy as soon as the red text appears (and let me know how reliable it is). It should appear as soon as the white chat warning text does. I'd test it myself, but I'm out of town.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X