Map Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Request

Yeah, you all know what I'm going to say before I say it.

But, personally, I'm am absolutely SICK and TIRED of ns_tanith, ns_veil, and ns_eclipse.

Eclipse is okay, because it's not played so much, but being that it's the first map gone to after combat, I see it WAY too much.

So, basically, I'm requesting that we completely REMOVE tanith from the server. That's ALL anyone wants to play. No one is subject to trying new maps like machina. It's really starting to suck guys. Machina is a good map and the past 3 times it's been up it's been votemapped off.

It needs to stop. I'm so sick of tanith I'm about to quit playing NS.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Map Request

get rid of votemap tbh.

Comment

Your insane! remove a popular map? reasons people play it alot... to be honest, i haven't seen tanith played in a while.

You want a new map? Hurry up with your hive or send me it so i can fix it and you can start on it again.

Comment

I disagree. I'm not opposed to dropping Tanith down in the cycle, but if we should remove anything, it should be Bast or Machina. It seems like a reflex action for the entire server to start a votemap when either of these maps come up. If the votemap doesn't go through, half the communication on the server is about how bad the map is. I'm not really opposed to Machina because even if it's an awful map strategically, I find it interesting for skirmishes well outside of hive locations. It has so much potential, and one or two revisions could make it into an amazing map. Bast, on the other hand, is rarely enjoyable for any reason.

Comment

I like the idea of removing votemap. Let people leave. We're not entitled to them playing here. Others will come.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
            I like the idea of removing votemap. Let people leave. We're not entitled to them playing here. Others will come.
            /me blesses this.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Votemap serves purposes other than switching the map from something people don't like. When there's 5 minutes left and we've just played the next map in the cycle, I encourage everyone to start a votemap, and even if there isn't enough votes for one map to switch it automatically, I or another (temp) admin will switch it. Also, if the number of the people on the server suddenly changes and there is nobody with amx_map access, it can be pretty annoying to play a small game of NS or a full-server game of CO.

Don't kill votemap right away. Think of an of alternative first. And forcing people to play on maps they don't like certainly won't alleviate the complaining that goes on when these maps are played.

Comment

if you're going to remove votemap at least take out the horrible maps in the cycle

Comment

AHHH no please.... please no

Maps are played alot for a reason, their good

And gosh darn it we need vote map for times with no admin on and we want to change the map, or when we want to ALL play when we ALL vote using the DEMOCRATIC votemap system for a map.

Please don't remove it, it works.

Comment

I see no reason to remove votemap, as I see votes rarely go through. If enough people on the server WANT to play a map they should be able to play that map. If more people DONT want to play the map it changes to then they can vote a different map. Upsetting the majority of the server isn't the way to go. Plus we have tempadmins in the form of supporting members, which overrides tanith/viel/etc.

I am normally against this, but maybe sms count as 2 votes? I immediately detest the idea but I think its a compromise between having a varied map cycle ( which the sms would have to be responsible for ) and people dropping out of the server constantly.

Comment

People that only want to play the same three maps are a rung higher than people who only want to play CO.

Does machina stink? How would most of us know? I've played on it a sum total of three times. Only the first was a complete game; the other two were votemap'ed away.

People get this idea in their head that something stinks, and rarely do they allow others the opportunity to experience it for themselves.

Tell you what; votemap can stay, but it should be unanimous.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

problem is many people are indifferent. not even half the votemaps currently go through.

i am a bit upset on people trying to use rules and/or plugins to change people's mindset instead of showing that machina can be fun for both sides or tanith is boring.

Comment

can we please leave opinion out of this and just stick to what's fair?

the majority should always be the deciding factor. i don't even see why its being debated: if over half the server doesn't want to play machina, then why should they have to leave so others can join?

Comment

can we please leave opinion out of this and just stick to what's fair?

the majority should always be the deciding factor. i don't even see why its being debated: if over half the server doesn't want to play machina, then why should they have to leave so others can join?
                            If that were the case, why not always play anything but tanith, veil, eclipse? Or 24\7 heavily modded combat on the second server? What the majority wants is not always what's best in this specific case. I personally like the 'big 3' maps, but also like mixing them with non-standard maps like machina to give our playtime some variety.

I've also gotten tired of seeing maps like machina votemapped instantly for tanith\veil every time they come up, even if a few players want to play the new map. The initial idea I had with machina in the mapcycle is to put it in between veil\tanith so the server would still be populated enough to have good games on it, although now people see that tanith is next, and votemap instantly for the next map.

I'd rather see something like limiting votemap by time, say a minute after the server switches to the map is the cutoff point for voting. Nothing ruins the morale\game more then getting a few minutes into a game on a new map, then having it switched to tanith.
                            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I think part of the problem, is that the server will typically first get populated with an ns map like eclipse, veil, etc, switch to a different map, and by the 3rd map, half the players are different, a hated map comes up, and people immediately vote for one of "the big 3" ( heh.... i like that).

What would be cool, is if it was impossible to vote for one of these maps (or maybe any map) if it has been played within the past 4 or 5 rounds.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X