This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk me out of installing OGC

For the past couple of days, TG's was empty when I decided to log in. So, I went to one old standby, OldF.

They were completely overrun with children using autoaim.

OldF used to be an okay server, and it's really frustrating to see it go to the dogs like this. When I first played there, they were very attentive at admining, used teamwork, and almost Mormon-like with nice attitude. Now it's quite the opposite.

I've got some old 3G hard disks on which I could do this.

--Shroom
    -- Shroom
    I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Re: Talk me out of installing OGC

Um, how do you know they were cheating?

Comment

install cheats = ban from tg
      'nuff said :P
      Is that a good reason? :)

Comment

You won't see it. I'll be using my non-OGC install for TG.

--Shroom
        -- Shroom
        I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Comment

Well then, maybe you shouldn't use it out of respect for other people like yourself who are trying to have fun and don't want to play with pricks using OGC.

Comment

Skill > Hacks

Comment

If you start using "revenge" hacks then you're no better than the rest of the so-called children who run cheats. Your motivation is irrelevant; you're still ruining the game for everybody else on the server and it's still extremely selfish.

Comment

I'll do this by the numbers.
                1) If you think players on OldF cheat, you must have led a sheltered NS Pub life. They're no better than the players on TG.
                2) Just because someone can kill you does not mean they cheat. Fact of gaming, there's always someone out there that can beat you on any given day. Ask anyone that's a regular here, I pretty much take down entire teams as a lerk some games, yet others I'll die to just one. Unless you're a Good Omega or Gamma CAL regular, you don't have the experience to simply say "they hack because they killed me".
                3) Installing hacks to counter hacks? Circular logic blows, don't use it again please.
                4) If you feel the need to cheat to match other players, then you obviously aren't that great at the game. Please practice whatever it is you are deficient at instead of wasting our time on a forum stating "omg everyone hacks because they kill me and I need to be better than everyone else so I need to hack but I don't want to so please talk me out of it omg I need attention please talk to me". Everyone's going to eyeball you now and wonder if you're hacking.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
                  I'll do this by the numbers.
                  2) Just because someone can kill you does not mean they cheat.
                  except in the case of Nothing.. he cheats :P

Comment

i used to hack and it gets really boring after a while

Comment

Pfft, he's quite killable. He doesn't like to face me when I lerk until he has something bigger, like a shotgun, because he knows I'll easily kill him, even with backup. Skill is also about knowing when to be aggresive and when not to be. He's good because he doesn't chase me around with a lvl0 lmg, but will with a lvl2 shotgun.

Comment

Oh, and here's what I think about people that "revenge hack" now:
                        http://sg.bakethecake.com/konane.html

Awesome.

Edit: Heh, it happens paranoid (daydreaming that is).
                        Last edited by TheAdj`; 06-10-2004, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Unless you're a Good Omega or Gamma CAL regular.........
                          One step closer to the word that begins with a G and ends with a K.

This means nothing to us, for all I know your comparing pancakes to a player.

Ultimate revenge is to beat the cheater without cheats. Cheats give you good aim thats about it, alot of the times you can easily out smart the person cuase they depend on the cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                            One step closer to the word that begins with a G and ends with a K.

This means nothing to us, for all I know your comparing pancakes to a player.
                            English please?

My reasoning for saying that is not many people outside of the clan community are experienced enough to go "hey that dude's hacking, watch how he plays". Random pub-nubs going "omg hax1!!111" doesn't cut it. I don't even trust most server admins to pick out hacks, especially after being banned for such dubious things as blatant aimbot hacking and "medpack scripting" (My personal favorite, rofl). It's incredibly obvious I don't hack, because I make far too many mistakes. I trust people from the CAL clan community far, far more than I'll trust pubnubs or a random server admin. Exceptions are made of course. I trust Wyz's judgement for the most part, even if I disagree with every other thing he says or does. My point was in saying that unless you have the experience and the skill to match, you can't simply determine people hack and expect people with the experience and skill to trust your judgement.

Comment

Unless you're a Good Omega or Gamma CAL regular, you don't have the experience to simply say "they hack because they killed me".
                              That's a little arrogant don't you think?
                              3) Installing hacks to counter hacks? Circular logic blows, don't use it again please.
                              No, circular logic is that act of claiming something is true because, in part, of itself.

Ex:
                              These guys are good.
                              Only people who cheat are that good.
                              These guys must be cheating.

Cal regs know how to tell if someone is cheating.
                              Only cheaters know how to spot other cheaters.
                              Cal regs must all be cheaters.

Shroom wasn't trying to justify that statement as true. He just stated that he would download hacks to fight hacks.

Oh, and here's what I think about people that "revenge hack" now:
                              http://sg.bakethecake.com/konane.html
                              Now that is funny stuff. But that kid was a pretty damn good shot the next day at school. He must have been aim hacking with his Desert Eagle.

I'm just glad JA has the "Pure Server" option which cuts out 99% of the crap that most games allow people to do. The cheater is forced to rely on engine/game exploits which are easily noticable.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X