Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about CD and ASE

Hey all,

I am sick of having to launch CD before connecting to the TG-NS because I usually always forget about it. Is there any way I can set up All Seeing Eye so it will launch it for me when I launch NS?

yes

go to options (F2)
    go to the Games tab
    select HL
    click the anticheat button
    you should be able to figure out the rest

Comment

Pinned. Good question, good answer.

Wyzcrak
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks random!

Comment

Does 3.x support VAC? Do we need CD with 3.x?

These are questions I could find the answers to, but I'm trying to get help finding the answers.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I would not like to use a 3rd party security program with 3.x, its a pain in the ass to work them with steam. I am almost definite steam support VAC and also pretty sure that 3.x does too. unfortanitly you can not view the properties for 3rd party games with steam, i wish NS could go under the MY games part..

Comment

Yes it does support VAC. No need for CD. Obviously, we can keep an eye on the situation though.
              Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Has the general opinion of VAC's effectiveness improved beyond "completely worthless"? Last I knew, several major cheats were still undected by VAC, even after several months of VAC updates. I haven't followed VAC over the last two months; has it changed?
                "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

I should also add that I think CD's proactive approach to cheat-prevention will likely always stop more cheaters than the reactive nature of VAC.

http://www.unitedadmins.com/cdeath-why.php

*edit* and to continue my spam, I don't like VAC's history of false-positives. Here's just one thread of many:

http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?&threadid=39023

Take special note of KrewHL_DB's story where his steamid was banned, changed to using a friend's steam account, and without any other modifications to his computer has been playing fine since.

Comment

You know something? I completely forgot the homework that the admins did on this a while back. We decided that CD was far preferable to VAC.

So, to say the least, this isn't a closed issue yet. We'll discuss it more. Anyone who has any comments about VAC/CD is welcome to post them here.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Two recent posts that don't give me much faith in VAC's effectiveness:

People are still hacking with it, wtf, they didn't fix anything. My friend was showing me he can still hack. lol
                      It took them all of 3 hours to release updated hacks...
                      http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?&threadid=52371

I'd love for VAC to be so effective and accurate that third-party anti-cheat utilities aren't necessary, but the reports just don't support that wish.

Comment

go with CD it keeps alot of pubs out.

Comment

Ok Cd again. After i connect and hope in the game I get kicked do to the server saying i dont have Cd. any help I'v restarted Cd, didn't work, restarted my comp, didn't work. any help

Comment

Are you running 1.14.0 CD?

Wyzcrak

Comment

You might have to actually tell it to go check for an update. I had too and now it runs fine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X