Vote NS Beta 1 for Memorial Day!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote NS Beta 1 for Memorial Day!

So, this weekend is Memorial day. I'm sure lots of people are going out of town for the extended weekend, and I hope they all have fun, but for those like myself that aren't, I was wondering if we could do something unusual on the server for kicks. Just not as unusual as April Fools day. Man, that was painful.

My first thought was to roll to an old version of NS (it's "Memorial" day after all) so we could have Fades with Bile Bomb and Gorges with Babblers running around. Maybe not that old, but old enough that people would be like "Wow! I almost forgot about this!"

I imagine it's got to be a little difficult to find old client/server installs for those and that some people might not even want to go through the trouble to install something just for 1 day, but before that's even considered I was wondering if anybody besides me would even be interested.

If not, maybe something like captains or some sort of theme, since I imagine lots of people have the day off. Except our Canadian friends.

Anybody?
    ORGANBiTER | $_COOKIE['monster'] | UBiQ

Re: Vote NS Beta 1 for Memorial Day!

I would love to play some 1.04 and see how it was back in those days. I never got to play the old version.
    remi.D

Comment

I like.

Comment

No Lerk diving! No +movement! Skulks have to pay 2 res to get celerity! Hitboxes that don't line up with models!

At least the marines play mostly the same. Until you try to aim at an alien that is. As fondly as I remember v2.01, I think the only real purpose of this would be to remind us how much better NS has become over the years.

Comment

I wouldn't want to touch 1.04 again. I tried it for a few minutes (all I could stand) a year or two ago, not fun.

I'd be far more interested in trying an early 2.x.x, but that would probably end with the same result.
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

We should get a plugin that gives recoil to marine weapons, lowers their max health, and then go play some de_dust with marine on marine...

And add headshots. :D
            remi.D

Comment

gud idea

Comment

Originally posted by cookieMONSTER
                If not, maybe something like captains or some sort of theme, since I imagine lots of people have the day off. Except our Canadian friends.
                Anybody?
                My work schedule is random right now I could ma.... crap. There I go dreaming I have a decent computer again....

When is Memorial day? (and why?)

Comment

Its a holiday in the U.S. to honor those who have died serving in the military. This year its observed on the 28th of May (next Monday).

You would call it Remembrance Day.
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

I just want to hover forever with a jetpack, since my computer is much better now than it was when I originally played 1.04. Who needs "comm, drop a jp/hmg so I can kill the onos" when you have 1.04's "comm, drop a jp/hmg so I can solo a hive with infinite hovering".

Comment

ohhhh freakin sweet . . . the 400 fps would actually pay off!

Comment

People speak truth - 1.0x is a marine slaughter fest. I remember a few months into the game - playing on ns_eclipse - and having everyone at the start aiming at the doors because when the skulks came in (because they all rushed) you had to do it or you lost the game right there. That's how bad the models were. Don't forget about being in slot "17" and being invulnerable, either.
                        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

One word: babblers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            One word: babblers.
                            ha. yeah, babblers were the whole reason for this idea. and onos with roar. it's like the playtesters back then didn't play. or test.

it's definately come a long way, and i figured a lot of people would say no because new patches were essentially released to fix balance / bugs. if the game was balanced / bug free in 1.0, i imagine it would have never gotten to 3.2. so, i can't really argue with their point. it was patched for a reason.

it's too bad there's no way to patch the bugs / gameplay, but bring back some of the absurdly funny things like babblers.

Comment

Originally posted by cookieMONSTER View Post
                              it's too bad there's no way to patch the bugs / gameplay, but bring back some of the absurdly funny things like babblers.
                              actually, i've seen some servers where lerks still have spikes and that sort of thing. have the coders left the abilities in the game but made them inaccessible? if so, shouldn't you be able to "unlock" them pretty easily? i don't know if theres still skins/sounds included in the installation or what. if we could "roll back" and unlock the removed abilities i think it would be a blast.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X