Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: you guys with accurate shotgun 'enhancement'

lmao

You guys are funny. War? Pope? I suppose I'd append a few exclamation points to random spewings about Bar-B-Que and helicopters right now if I weren't so uncool.

I lose interest in the conversation when it comes to the other guy being right at all costs. Once a conversation sinks to this level.. when the other guy is claiming that a HUD doesn't give you information in a battle (heh.. AS your're MODIFYING that HUD such that it gives you different information in battle), there's not much I can do to move forward. If a guy is hell bent on being right at all costs, it's sometimes just not worth it to stop him simply because you have a point to make.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
      I understand what you meant now, and you're still wrong. Information is out there that tells you "the shotgun spread is above and to the right of the center of the default crosshair. Using a crosshair that shows where the bullets are actually going isn't modifying the fact that you know the shot pattern isn't where the crosshair is. Saying "well some people don't know" doesn't work either: they should read the ns.org forums and they'll find it on their own. Ignorance of something doesn't mean everyone else should be punished for it.
      Knowledge of the game certainly isn't a crime. But there's a difference between knowing something and having an aid in applying that knowledge, because then, people WITHOUT the smarts to know which way shotgun pellets go suddenly have an outside device that compensates for knowledge.

No one should have to read a game's forums to play the game. :-/

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more this crosshair is starting to fall into the same places that an aimbot hack is: it can serve as a crutch for those who lack the desire to spend the time to make themselves better.

And wyz can't win a war of words. I'll post until I'm banned arguing against him. That's just how I am, ask the rest of wmd.
      Wyz can in fact win a war of words; anyone can. And the oppositions can keep posting till their fingers fall off, but it won't make them win.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

So, off topic -

Some one sent me a message on AIM for my crosshair, and I wasn't around, and when I tried to add him to my list it didn't work and the window closed =P. Just send me a message again, I ziped it up and it's ready to go. I supose I should explain what mine looks like in comparison to the one in that forum, I'll post a picture in a sec.

Comment

I give up. There's no convincing some of the people that play here that a custom crosshair isn't a freaking blatant aimbot hack. I just give up. I guess the crosshair aims for you. Apparently I don't know anything about the game.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMore.
            So, off topic -

Some one sent me a message on AIM for my crosshair, and I wasn't around, and when I tried to add him to my list it didn't work and the window closed =P. Just send me a message again, I ziped it up and it's ready to go. I supose I should explain what mine looks like in comparison to the one in that forum, I'll post a picture in a sec.
            I'll be happy to attach anything you're offering to a thread or post here. Just send it to me or someone who can get it to me if you'd like me to do that. If nothing else, you could email it : [email protected]

lol @ the off topic part, btw. haha

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I use custom crosshairs for the marines mostly because I hate the default crosshair. Its too big and bulky. I use small cross hairs. I personally think my game as improved because of the crosshair, because now I point the cross hair striaght and my bullets go there... well some times..

Comment

Pictures, woo!

This is a normal, centered crosshair.

This is my shotgun crosshair, notice the position. It's not as facy as the one in that thread, because I think that one is too huge. It's also orange, because orange is cooler =P

Wyz will post a download or somthing in a sec.

Comment

Pictures, woo!

This is a normal, centered crosshair.

This is my shotgun crosshair, notice the position. It's not as facy as the one in that thread, because I think that one is too huge. It's also orange, because orange is cooler =P

Wyz will post a download or somthing in a sec.
                  The thing I always think when I'm in the situation of the second bitmap: Damn it, I'm going to miss all the cool toys! :icon_mad:
                  --
                  CaveDog
                  "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Damn nothing that is bright. Pipeline is one of the darker hives.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                      Damn nothing that is bright. Pipeline is one of the darker hives.
                      Pipeline is dark? heh. I've been playing with my gama like that for so long I forget =P. I have lots of tweaks I made to my display settings, notice the tracers in pipeline too.

Feel free to ask~

And he beaconed at the end of droping all that cave =)

Comment

Thanks for the effort, Nothing.

Attached is the crosshairs file you sent me and asked me to share with everyone.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
                          I give up. There's no convincing some of the people that play here that a custom crosshair isn't a freaking blatant aimbot hack. I just give up. I guess the crosshair aims for you. Apparently I don't know anything about the game.
                          Cripes, Adj. If there's one thing no one here is denying it's that you know how to play the game, and pretty well at that.

But you have that knowledge because you play a lot, because you sit on a server with people and just test things, like how many shots it takes to kill what lifeforms with what weapons and such. You've earned your knowledge, and no one is faulting that.

My beef with the custom crosshair is that someone who HASN'T earned that knowledge, who hasn't taken the time to test and see where shotgun pellets go and adjust their aim around the default crosshair accordingly, who merely skims one thread in a forum, can now play as though they too have spent hours learning the ins and outs of the shotgun by changing a .spr file.

Heck, if ANYONE should be upset by this, I'd think it'd be people like yourself who have invested their time to learn the ins and outs of the system, as opposed to having it handed to you with a new sprite.
                          [volun2]
                          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Pipeline is dark? heh. I've been playing with my gama like that for so long I forget =P. I have lots of tweaks I made to my display settings, notice the tracers in pipeline too.

Feel free to ask~

Na, im all set I like the atmosphere of the game.

Note to self:
                            Never hide in a dark corner when fighting/stalking Nothing!

Comment

Well, I have a hard time getting upset over either viewpoint, but here's my two cents. The only gun I've ever fired in my life is a BB gun 11 years ago. I cried the one time I ran over a squirrel, and other than that I've never personally killed anything that had less than 6 legs. If we want to talk realism and crosshairs, think about the fact that wimpy female me is playing a souped-up killer male with a gun whose recoil should probably knock me flat on my back, or a four-legged pinkish creature that can apparently bite through metal, neither of which really have a laser-sight X attached to their weapons. That crosshair is to help me play my part in a fun game, like a costume in a play.

Having someone post or tell me in-game the tip "hey, you ever notice the shotgun's bullets tend to land a little NE of the crosshairs?" is pretty neat. Someone going to the trouble to change their graphics to remind them of that fact seems OK to me. To Wyzcrak's point, someone who hasn't heard that tip and doesn't spend all their time reading up on those tips because they just want to play a little (like me) is technically at the same minor disadvantage either way. Boiled down, Syn essentially posted a question and got an answer. If it's not something that was answered in a thread on the same page, there doesn't seem to me to be any point in getting upset with him for not knowing the answer ahead of time... I read these forums pretty regularly. I don't browse the forums at ns.org, mostly because the information there changes more often than I play, and anything important I'll eventually get from you regulars anyway. :) It's a bit rambling, but I guess my response to all the issues in this thread is: "Hey, thanks for the tip!" and *shrug*.

Comment

I want a crosshair for the fade swipe. That's where I have problems.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X