Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: you guys with accurate shotgun 'enhancement'

Originally posted by I'm with stupid
    I want a crosshair for the fade swipe. That's where I have problems.
    Heh, I have it draw the parasite crosshair for bite, para, leap (cept it has a picture of a leaping skulk at the bottom), xeno (exploding skulk at the bottom), swipe, blink, gore, stomp has the bile bomb crosshair, some others i can't think of. I can send you all of them if you want.

I even have a crosshair like that blue one for my knife, so that when i switch to lmg my crosshair isn't just apearing, and I could center a skulk perfectly before the lmg comes up. (that blue cross is what i have for all marine weapons except the shotgun and grenade launcher, and gl is default) all of these pass consistency.

Comment

face it you use em your a cheater. but like anyone cares anyway.
      4 and 3 and 2 and 1 when im on the mic the suckas run.

Comment

That was either funny or incredibly wrong. I'm not sure which.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Regardless, I am still awesome and in possession of internet again. Ph34r.

AnywaysI thought the shotgun spread was random every time you shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse
            I thought the shotgun spread was random every time you shot?
            You and the rest of the world, but that has been proven as incorrect.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              You and the rest of the world, but that has been proven as incorrect.

too bad the rest of the world doesn't play NS :P :(

haha, wow..

Comment

Speak for yourself wyz.

Poker, I like when people get more skilled at the game. Most clan players do, we don't like for people to stay crappy. We're not terrible people, we try to help others and allow them to learn and play better for the most part. I just find it frustrating and a waste of my time when people aren't open minded and are stuck on things like the fact that any alteration to the game is an exploit, or that it's unfair, and all this other extraneous bull**** that's simply not true. Not because I use all of it, but that I think others can help improve their gameplay because of it, which when using skill and talent can be nothing but a good thing. Downloading skill that shoots for you isn't improving. Getting a new crosshair that shows where bullets go so you can actually HIT aliens instead of THINK you hit them still requires skill. You still have to put the crosshair over the alien and press the fire key. Now you just have a real chance of killing an alien when the crosshair is over them. I know that I spend a lot of time to figure out things in the game most people don't know. I know it takes 9 lmg bullets to kill a skulk, or 19 for a lerk. I know that a resource node pumps 1 res per 4 seconds, and how many nodes I need to hold for how many seconds to get all the upgrades I need. There's a reason I'm a good commander. I don't need to be told that. What I like to see is when people are open and accepting of things that aren't the norm and want to improve. You think I'd bother posting here if I just wanted to play? I like to see others get better because of my help, that's why I say anything at all. It's simply disheartening when people say such asinine things as comparing a shotgun crosshair to an aimbot. I can't argue with that.

Comment

Which is why I don't keep secrets.

Mostly though, I like to tell people everything I use so they are inclined to try it themselves, and they learn that it's not "auto-skill" and I still out skill you with my talent rather than my pistol script/bunny hop/gama/tracers/crosshairs, because I get all that alot, and it's really pretty false =P

Comment

I feel compelled to summarize the mindset I've had in this thread.

In principle, customizing your client to gain an advantage in battle causes inequality.

You can argue about the specifics, but the principle holds true. You could even argue that the principle is moot, arguing that life isn't perfect, and to 'get over it.' You could argue that you 'deserve' the advantage because the default install is 'broken' or 'wrong', or that you're just 'fixing' your client. You could argue that helping other people win, or become better at the game, isn't your job. These are all opinions, which each of us is going to have and which some folks seem to feel strongly about.

I guess this is what gets me.... It's one thing to offer opinions as justification for a decision. But at least own the decision for what it is....

You're creating inequality. You're modifying your client to include an advantage that other clients will not have.

Comment

If it wont get you thrown out of a LAN its fine by me!

Comment

Client modififactions have always kinda gotten to me, but since I don't play NS in a "professional" capacity, it's not a huge deal. Granted, it does annoy me that some people are able to take advantage of any flaw in a game and use it to their advantage. Like getting pegged with 10 pistols rounds before I can even react enough to move or have a skulk (without celerity) close a distance with me faster than he should be able to.

To me, it's akin to:
                        1. A virus writer that claims since the vulnerability was already there, it's not a problem.
                        2. A pitcher who uses sandpaper/vasaline to better his pitch claiming that since "anyone can do it" it's not an issue.

We had the same deal with people on the J-O.com forums who claimed that exploiting the pull+saber throw flaw (and numerous others even admited by Raven) wasn't an issue because anyone could do it. If everyone has to modify their tactics/client in order to combat an advantage gained by the same: the game becomes repetitive and boring. This is less of an issue with NS because the FFA games (which don't exist) have not boiled down to who could exploit the (poorly coded) engine the best. This is what killed J-O (and JA to a lesser extent) for me.

One thing I do notice is that those who support these modifications take the exact same form of reasoning that those who exploited J-O/JA did:
                        1. Anyone can do it.
                        2. We game competitively so we know better than you do.
                        3. We don't need these tactics because we're still better than you.
                        4. If it wasn't supposed to be done, the devs would fix it (which is funny when people try to justify bunny-hop scripts because it's an inherent flaw in any FPS that allows jumping and no stamina meter).

These arguements mean absolutely nothing to the average gamer. We could go on about how much better you are (or think you are) than the average NS gamer, but I think I can speak for most people when I say: I honestly could not care less.

I would suffice it to say that any decision the admins of the NS server agreed on would be fully supported by me. I've played enough with these guys to know that they would do what's in the best interest of the NS TG community.

Comment

Interesting comparison.

Comment

Check your PMs [Faith]/NothingMore/Cards

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                              Client modififactions have always kinda gotten to me, but since I don't play NS in a "professional" capacity, it's not a huge deal. Granted, it does annoy me that some people are able to take advantage of any flaw in a game and use it to their advantage. Like getting pegged with 10 pistols rounds before I can even react enough to move or have a skulk (without celerity) close a distance with me faster than he should be able to.

To me, it's akin to:
                              1. A virus writer that claims since the vulnerability was already there, it's not a problem.
                              2. A pitcher who uses sandpaper/vasaline to better his pitch claiming that since "anyone can do it" it's not an issue.

We had the same deal with people on the J-O.com forums who claimed that exploiting the pull+saber throw flaw (and numerous others even admited by Raven) wasn't an issue because anyone could do it. If everyone has to modify their tactics/client in order to combat an advantage gained by the same: the game becomes repetitive and boring. This is less of an issue with NS because the FFA games (which don't exist) have not boiled down to who could exploit the (poorly coded) engine the best. This is what killed J-O (and JA to a lesser extent) for me.

One thing I do notice is that those who support these modifications take the exact same form of reasoning that those who exploited J-O/JA did:
                              1. Anyone can do it.
                              2. We game competitively so we know better than you do.
                              3. We don't need these tactics because we're still better than you.
                              4. If it wasn't supposed to be done, the devs would fix it (which is funny when people try to justify bunny-hop scripts because it's an inherent flaw in any FPS that allows jumping and no stamina meter).

These arguements mean absolutely nothing to the average gamer. We could go on about how much better you are (or think you are) than the average NS gamer, but I think I can speak for most people when I say: I honestly could not care less.

I would suffice it to say that any decision the admins of the NS server agreed on would be fully supported by me. I've played enough with these guys to know that they would do what's in the best interest of the NS TG community.
                              The problem (at least for me) is this is what I feel about every "illegal" thing in games, be it computer or the olympics. What country doesn't have people willing to shootup to win? Thus, why have anti doping rules? It's not like there is anyone that can play a sport would not benefit from drugs. I guess there is something morally wrong about doping. But it really boils down to the fact that if it were legal, it wouldn't be anything but an arms race of the latest drugs. Not real sport.

This is why aimbots aren't alowed. The game becomes just a computerized arms race, no sport.

But where to draw the line.... That is the problem. I say that crosshair sprites are probably okay. But Wyz is right, there is no way to suggest that it isn't an inequality. But in the olympics, the players from the countries that can afford to pay for training that some other coutries can't affort. That is an inequality as well, but it is part of the game, so are hud "enhancements". You can't get extra info from the game engine, so it is a pretty "built-in" part of the game if you ask me.

But I can't stress enough, it just comes down to whether you think it crosses the line or not. It is still a degree of inequality.

btw, what is jo and ja?
                              --
                              CaveDog
                              "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Originally posted by CaveDog
                                But in the olympics, the players from the countries that can afford to pay for training that some other coutries can't afford
                                Screen resolutions, speaker quality, monitor brightness, amounts of RAM.... these are all inequalities as well. Some inequalities are unaviodable due to the nature of the sport, but, as you've said, at least understand when you're creating inequality and when you're not.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X